Do you see yourself as a Director of Marketing for our new Houston Medical Center property?
What''s your passion? Whether you''re into volunteer work, beach sports or flying kites, at IHG we''re interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we''re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. This exciting opportunity has overall responsibility for developing and implementing the total sales and marketing strategy of the hotel.
This exciting role will develop and oversee implementation of the Marketing strategy - including campaigns, events, digital marketing, and Public Relations for the hotel; tactical plans are created and implemented; and that results are monitored and achieved.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support budgeted revenues and help maximize profitability within all areas of responsibility.
• Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget, the hotel marketing plan and business plan, and financial plans which support the overall objectives of the hotel
• Help identify operational problems that impact the effectiveness of marketing activities and overall hotel sales performance and work with appropriate department heads on solutions.
• Work closely with the Hotel Sales team; enabling them to meet their commercial objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, materials and presentations
• Develop digital marketing plans to increase traffic and engagement with new, prospective customers, building a “best customer” program that enables consumers to become passionate brand advocates, while also driving cross-category purchases
• Leverage the use of marketing analytics to provide insights and make recommendations to reach the customer in new ways to improve marketing ROI recommendations and overall strategies.
• Direct/manage the day-to-day operations of the marketing efforts
• Review advertising, print and other media for the hotel. Work with advertising agencies, consulting firms and vendors to maximize advertising investments and ensure ads represent brand identity and are appropriate for target audience.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include all hotel departments, hotel Executive Committee, and corporate/regional sales group.
• Support and help manage the project pipeline and special events for Food & Beverage and the Safina Restaurant
• Develop and maintain good relationships with officials and representatives of local community groups including GHCVB, TX Tourism, and similar companies to drive awareness and traffic to the hotel brand website
• Work to maximize IHG system contribution:
o Voice – IHG Voice and CRO delivery
o GDS – system updates and production
o OTA – market manager relationship, system updates and production
o WEB – independent and brand.com production
o Monitor and direct IHG Performance Marketing as appropriate
• Digital Marketing, Social Media and eCommerce focus
o Social listening impact on key sites
o Website SEO, PPC and overall delivery
o Expand Social Media reach as impact on delivery expands
• Develop and refine the Brand’s "core" messages to ensure organizational consistency
• Collaborate with the Director of Sales and Marketing, serve as hotel representative for media related inquiries and refer sensitive matters to the corporate Public Relations Department if necessary.
• Work with Manager/Director to create communications strategies that will broaden programmatic reach and deepen impact. Review and provide guidance on internal and external materials such as media pitches, media lists, key message documents, agendas, etc.
• Facilitate high-level media opportunities
• Oversee influencer marketing campaigns with celebrities, social media stars and bloggers, to ensure that the team identifies the right targets and develops engaging content that helps reach key objectives
Perform other duties as assigned.
Decision making responsibilities (Key Decision Rights):
Responsible for managing and coordinating multiple projects to successful completion including adhering to project deliverables, providing guidance to project team members, and providing direction for resource constraints, and managing project scope changes.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Houston, TX, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible