Do you see yourself as a Food and Beverage Manager - InterContinental San Diego?
What''s your passion? Whether you''re into fishing, card games or music, at IHG we''re interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we''re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. We currently have a position available as Food and Beverage Manager.
This role will manage the food and beverage operations of the hotel to ensure the achievement of established food and beverage quality and guest service quality standards and departmental revenue and profit goals. Adhere to federal, state and local regulations concerning health, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
• Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
• Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership
of getting things done.
• Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Achieve budgeted revenues, prepare monthly forecast, monitor and control food, beverage and labor costs, and maximize profitability, within all areas of the food and beverage department. Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans that support the overall objectives of the hotel.
• Develop, implement, and maintain local food and beverage marketing programs for the hotel; participate in and maintain system-wide food and beverage marketing programs and promotions. Monitor local competitors and industry trends. Review and approve menu design and concepts with Executive Chef. Adhere to brand standards.
• Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies. Alert General Manager of potentially serious issues.
• Ensure all staff is properly trained on quality and service standards and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Sales and Marketing, Catering, Rooms, Housekeeping, Maintenance and Guest Services.
• Interact with outside contacts:
o Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
o Vendors – to ensure adequate inventory of supplies and equipment, to discuss pricing or service issues, to resolve any vendor performance issues, etc.
o Regulatory agencies – regarding safety and compliance matters
o Other contacts as needed (professional organizations, community groups, local media)
• Establish and achieve quality and guest satisfaction goals. Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions, complaints and/or requests to ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
• Manage the day-to-day activities and assignments of food and beverage staff, ensure proper coverage, develop and communicate departmental strategies and goals, and assign/prioritize work. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures with all staff.
• Establish procedures and timeframes for conducting inventory. Determine minimum and maximum stocks for all food, beverage, material, and equipment.
• Maintain procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, inventory, and equipment, (2) ensure the security of monies, credit and financial transactions, (3) replenish supplies, inventory, uniforms, etc. in a timely and efficient manner, and (4) to minimize waste and pilferage.
• Ensure that all food and beverage equipment, including but not limited to sinks, hoods, coolers, freezers, etc., are in proper operational condition and are cleaned on a regular basis. Ensure that all food and beverage facilities including banquet/convention space are cleaned, vacuumed, and properly stocked according to anticipated business volume. Notify Engineering immediately of any maintenance and repair needs.
• May serve as Manager on Duty or assist with other duties as assigned.
This is the top food and beverage job in a small to medium full-service hotel. Supervises a large number of employees in one or two food and beverage outlets, kitchen, and may include banquet facilities that cater to 500 people or less. May oversee one or more subordinate managers or supervisors.
- Job type
- San Diego, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible