Description 1. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the general direction of the General Manager or his / her delegate, and within the limits of established IHG and local Hotel policies and Procedures, manages the operations of the Front Office Department by ensuring product quality standards are met and that optimum service is provided to all Hotel guests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors front office colleagues to ensure guests receive prompt, cordial attention and personal recognition.
- Supervises the Front Office team to ensure optimum occupancy and average room rate for the purpose of maximizing revenue.
- Monitors Front Office, and particularly Guest Relations personnel, to ensure priority members known repeat guests and other VIPs receive special attention and recognition.
- Schedules and regularly conducts routine inspections of areas under his/her control.
- Maintains knowledge of credit policies and procedures and liaise closely with Finance Department to ensure that credit procedures are properly carried out.
- Continually checks the accuracy of room count.
- Approves upgrades and special amenities.
- Maintains appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniforms, appearance and posture of the Front Office Colleagues.
- Conducts comprehensive monthly departmental meetings to include a review of procedures and events which warrants special handling and detailed information.
- Communicates to the General Manager of his/her delegate all information likely to be of interest to them such as the expected arrival and departure of VIPs and all other pertinent information.
- Supervises the Reception Manager to ensure optimum occupancy and high average room rate to maximize revenue, and the Guest Relations Manager to ensure PC and IA members and VIPS receive special recognition and treatment.
- Informs other operating departments, notably Housekeeping and Sales and Marketing of Front Office matters which concern them.
- Conducts such functions as interviewing, orientation, hiring, performance appraisal, counseling, coaching, training and suspending if necessary to ensure appropriate staffing and productivity, and accordingly consults with section heads, Human Resources Manager and General Manager.
- Controls and analyses, on an on-going basis, departmental costs to ensure performances against budget, and approves discounts and rebates.
- Participates in the participation of the Hotel’s Strategic Plan, Marketing Plan, Goals Program, and the Front Office Departmental Budget.
- Analyses the rate variance report to ensure room revenue control, and submits statistical performance and forecast reports as necessary, to facilitate Annual Budget and Strategic Plan preparation.
- Demonstrates understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Beirut, Lebanon
- Front Office reception
- Starting in
- As soon as possible