THE JEWEL OF CHICAGO''S MAGNIFICENT MILE InterContinental Chicago is a lot like the city itself; historic but hip, refined but relaxed, cultured but comfortable. A member of Michigan Avenue''s architectural elite since 1929, our hotel is within easy reach of Chicago''s incomparable museums, stores, theatres and restaurants. Navy Pier, Shedd Aquarium and Oak Street Beach are minutes away.
The InterContinental Hotel Group owns, operates and franchise more than 9,000 hotels, 120 million stays per year in nearly 100 countries. Our people lie at the heart of our business - and by bringing your expertise and passion to IHG; you will help us to achieve our goal of creating Great Hotels Guest Love.
The Career Opportunity: Guest Relations Agent
- Reacts to situations to ensure guests receive prompt attention and personal recognition throughout the hotel.
- The workplace is positioned in the Hotel Lobby.
- Monitors all areas in the Lobby.
- Conducting daily preventive maintenance checks and reports and collaborates with the appropriate departments.
- Responds to guest needs and resolves related problems, conducts follow ups and tracks incidents accordingly.
- Supports and assists Front Office personnel in all Front Office Departments (Guest Relations, Concierge, Bell Desk and Front Desk), along with other hotel departments.
- Is aware of all Front Desk, Guest Relations, Concierge and Bell Desk job tasks and responsibilities.
- Ensures to greet all guests and accompanies guests through the arrival process.
- Directs the right way for guests in the lobby.
- Creates unique arrival experiences for IHG rewards and Ambassador Members.
- Prepares VIP arrivals and shares information as needed with other departments.
- Knowledgeable about the City of Chicago, ongoing events and history.
- Knowledgeable about all areas in the Hotel and the Hotel history.
- Includes information about the hotel, city and history whenever welcoming a guest and creates a unique experience.
- Handles guest complaints and requests when interacting in with guests in the lobby.
- Greet guests and complete the registration process to include, but not limited to, inputting and retrieving information from the computer, confirmation of guest information and room rate, selection of rooms, coding electronic keys, promoting marketing programs, providing a welcome packet and ensuring guest knows location of room and/or has a bell person accompany him/her.
- Assist guests with check-out including, but not limited to, ensuring rooms and services are correctly accounted, using the point-of-sale system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, accepting and recording various forms of payment, converting foreign currency, making change and processing gift certificates and cards.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of hotel information including, but not limited to, room categories, room rates, packages, promotions, the local area and other general product knowledge and answer guest questions and inquiries.
- Use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities and to maximize room occupancy.
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
- Field guest complaints conduct research and resolve and negotiate solutions for guest satisfaction.
- Receive, input, retrieve and relay messages to guests
- Assist guest at arrival at hotel entrance.
- Answering all incoming calls directed to the communication center and transfer to appropriate areas.
- Block rooms in the computer and follow through on designated requirements.
- Pre-register designated guests and prepare key packets.
- Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments/personnel (i.e., special requests, and amenity delivery).
- Process all check-outs according to established hotel requirements.
- Handles requests for late checkouts according to established hotel procedures.
- Assists conducting group check-ins/outs according to established hotel procedures
- Adhere to all cashiering procedures.
- Legibly document pertinent information in the logbook.
- Provide guestroom tours and escorts VIPs and other guests to guest rooms.
- At IHG we are committed to providing our employees with a safe, secure and healthy workplace. It is your responsibility to comply with all workplace health and safety requirements, including any department specific training regarding equipment and procedures.
- Perform other duties, tasks and special projects as assigned.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Chicago, IL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible