THE JEWEL OF CHICAGO''S MAGNIFICENT MILE InterContinental Chicago is a lot like the city itself; historic but hip, refined but relaxed, cultured but comfortable. A member of Michigan Avenue''s architectural elite since 1929, our hotel is within easy reach of Chicago''s incomparable museums, stores, theatres and restaurants. Navy Pier, Shedd Aquarium and Oak Street Beach are minutes away.
The InterContinental Hotel Group owns, operates and franchise more than 9,000 hotels, 120 million stays per year in nearly 100 countries. Our people lie at the heart of our business - and by bringing your expertise and passion to IHG; you will help us to achieve our goal of creating Great Hotels Guest Love.
The Career Opportunity: Guest Relations Agent
· Meets on a regular basis with the Guest Relations Supervisor for information and discussion of Guest Relations operations
· Implementation of the Hotel''s VIP Programs.
· Greets VIP guests.
· Presents a professional, approachable and friendly manner to all guests
· Identifies return guests and VIPs
· Communicates with FO, Room Service, Housekeeping about arriving VIP guests or any changes/needs to their stay.
· Responsible for taking care of any guest complaints independently
· Responsible for making all guests feel welcomed, important and comfortable and going above and beyond (with in reason) to make a guest satisfied
· Answering all questions quickly and efficiently from guests
· Knowledge of hotel''s computer systems for Reservations, Front Desk, Guest History, Manager and Inquiry.
· Provides for guests, comprehensive information about hotel services, places of interest, restaurants, doctors, sightseeing tours, and any other information of interest.
· Assists VIP guests as required with, but not limited to, theater/airline/rail tickets, and restaurant reservations.
· Provides transportation and other services offered by the hotel, which require outside assistance.
· Provides guests with information on outside facilities.
· Arranges for outside errands requested by guests.
· Handles all guests'' services, such as mail, keys, postage, messages and paging.
· Remains aware of all activities taking place in the hotel; familiar with the daily function sheet and VIP arrivals.
· At IHG we are committed to providing our employees with a safe, secure and healthy workplace. It is your responsibility to comply with all workplace health and safety requirements, including any department specific training regarding equipment and procedures.
· Perform other duties, tasks and special projects as assigned.
· Overviews and coordinates the arrival guest list of the day and assigns rooms accordingly, taking all guest requests and special reservation notes into consideration.
· Overviews and coordinates the arrival guest list for the upcoming weeks and assigns rooms accordingly, taking all guest requests and special reservation notes into consideration.
· Responsible for coordinating early arrival rooms and waiting rooms with appropriate departments (e.g. Housekeeping, Engineering and Food and Beverage Department) during the day, to avoid long waiting times for guests.
· Responsible for arranging a smooth, daily turnover in rooms, to avoid guest waiting time.
· Controls the hotel occupancy and balances overbooking in room categories day by day.
- Job type
- Chicago, IL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible