What''s your passion? Whether you''re into surfing, swimming or scuba diving, here at Intercontinental Dhaka we''re interested in YOU! We love to employ people who apply the same amount of passion and dedication to their jobs as they do to their hobbies - helping us to become one of the very best companies in the world. By sharing your expertise and passion, you will help us to achieve our vision which is ''Great Hotels Guests Love''.
Overall responsible for: Under the general direction of the supervisors and within the limits of established standards of InterContinental Hotels Group, local policies and procedures, provides supportive functional assistance to all departments; interact with guests and members of the community.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Always greet guests in a friendly and professional manner according to Hotel’s standard
- Perform accurate check -in and check -out of guests
- Answer the telephone in a timely and professional manner
- Make reservations over the phone and in person as & when required
- Run daily reports to check reservations for accuracy and identify any special requests
- Responsible for a cash float throughout the shift and ensuring it balances correctly at the end of shift
- Learn and adhere to all fire and emergency procedures, including procedures for handling of the fire panel, ensuring guest safety and participate in an evacuation if necessary
- Will assign rooms, issue keys, and collect guest payment and do necessary billing
- Ensure that both the Front Office Manager and Reception Supervisors are kept fully aware of any relevant feedback from guests and, or, other departments
- Demonstrate a knowledge of hotel room categories, room rates, packages, promotions and other general product knowledge necessary to perform daily duties
- Use the correct procedures regarding the acceptance of foreign currencies, credit cards and cash
- Committed to increase revenue through up selling hotel transportation and cross selling the hotel outlets.
- Preparation daily report for newspapers and transportation.
- Active participation in trainings provided by the hotel and by the department to ensure and establish performance.
- Provides guests with prompt service, professional attention, personal recognition and In the Know Experience.
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints, solicit feedback and build relationships to drive continuous improvement in guest satisfaction.
- Being prompt in delivering or collecting guests’ luggage, or in any guest assistance.
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures relation to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety. Develop and maintain relationships with local fire, police, and emergency personnel.
- Be alert for suspicious persons in the lobby and on the floors and bring any such persons to the immediate attention of the Supervisor, Chief Concierge or Duty Manager.
- Any task as and when required, not limited to.
Diploma in Hotel Management is required. Bachelor Degree in Hotel Management/any discipline is preferred.
- Knowledge of OPERA
- Demonstrated ability of interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Good understanding of the hotel and hospitality business
Experience: 1 years related experience in similar position
Age: 25 - 28
Physical Features: Sound Health & energetic
- Good in communication.
- Flexible with working hours and must be a team player
- Problem-solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities
Others: Needs to be positive minded & self motivated and willing to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated.
- Job type
- Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Starting in
- As soon as possible