THE JEWEL OF CHICAGO''S MAGNIFICENT MILE InterContinental Chicago is a lot like the city itself; historic but hip, refined but relaxed, cultured but comfortable. A member of Michigan Avenue''s architectural elite since 1929, our hotel is within easy reach of Chicago''s incomparable museums, stores, theatres and restaurants. Navy Pier, Shedd Aquarium and Oak Street Beach are minutes away.
The InterContinental Hotel Group owns, operates and franchise more than 9,000 hotels, 120 million stays per year in nearly 100 countries. Our people lie at the heart of our business - and by bringing your expertise and passion to IHG; you will help us to achieve our goal of creating Great Hotels Guest Love.
Michael Jordan''s Steak House
Occupying the second floor, the 6,300 square foot Michael Jordan Steak House seats 160 guests and two private dining spaces seats 18 guests each. The first floor lobby bar has seating for 91 guests
The Career Opportunity: Host/Hostess
- Greet guests upon arrival, according to IHG standards.
- Answers telephone communications and takes reservations.
- Maintain accurate waiting list as needed, and alert guests when table is available.
- Receive payments and process transactions according to established policies and procedures.
- Complete all opening/closing paperwork, perform side-work.
- This role may process take-out orders; practice selling-up techniques.
- May routinely clear and reset tables and assist with opening tasks such as assigning stations to servers.
- Ensure that wait staff stations are clean and maintained throughout shift.
- Ensure that all menus are checked and clean; inform manager if more menus are needed.
- Cleaning and or reorganization projects as necessary.
- You may also be asked to handle guest complaints.
- Special requests and assist with other duties as assigned.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Chicago, IL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible