Description 1. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the general direction of the Chef de Cuisine or his/her Delegate, and within the limits of established IHG and local Hotel policies and procedures, prepares and serves a range of menu items that meet customers’ expectations, whilst supervising junior members of the Kitchen.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Manages the day-to-day operation of the Food Productions and informs the Chef de Cuisine of any decision taken and of any other relevant information.
- Assumes the duties and responsibilities of the Chef de Cuisine in his absence.
- Controls and analyzes, on an on-going basis, the level of the following:
- Issuing of Food
o Quality and presentation of Food and Beverage products
o Condition and cleanliness of facilities and equipment
o Guest satisfaction
- Establishes and maintains effective colleagues’ relationships.
- Sets and organizes regular deep-cleaning of all working areas in the entire kitchen.
- Is responsible for storage matters such as expiry date of items stored wither in fridge, freezer or other stores, organization of each store and its cleanliness and tidiness.
- Assists the Chef de Cuisine in making recipes and maintaining updated and accurate costing of all dishes prepared and sold in the Food and Beverage operation.
- Controls on a daily basis all the food, material and equipment stocks.
- Coordinate, communicates, cooperates and works closely with other outlets.
- Keep aware of trends, systems, practices and equipment in the Food and Beverage operation.
- Provides direction to the kitchen helpers, including Chef de Parties, Commis and Stewards.
- Demonstrates understanding and awareness of all company policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety.
- Performs related duties and other projects as assigned.
- Job type
- Beirut, Lebanon
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration