THE JEWEL OF CHICAGO''S MAGNIFICENT MILE InterContinental Chicago is a lot like the city itself; historic but hip, refined but relaxed, cultured but comfortable. A member of Michigan Avenue''s architectural elite since 1929, our hotel is within easy reach of Chicago''s incomparable museums, stores, theaters and restaurants. Navy Pier, Shedd Aquarium and Oak Street Beach are minutes away.
The InterContinental Hotel Group owns, operates and franchise more than 9,000 hotels, 120 million stays per year in nearly 100 countries. Our people lie at the heart of our business - and by bringing your expertise and passion to IHG; you will help us to achieve our goal of creating Great Hotels Guest Love.
The Career Opportunity: Michael Jordan''s Steakhouse Line Cook
Under the general guidance of the Executive Sous Chef of the Michael Jordan’s Steak House, and within the limits of established policies and procedures, prepares food that result in a high quality of taste and appearance to satisfy guests and maximize food revenues.
1. Reports directly to the Michael Jordan Steak House Executive Chef.
2. Interacts and liaises closely with the Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef and Sous Chefs, The Michael Jordan’s Steak House General Manager, MJSH Assistant General Manager and Restaurant Managers, and the Kitchen team.
3. Co-operates & communicates with other employees
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Promote a positive image by displaying impeccable manners, diplomacy and tact towards employees.
2. Prepares meals in accordance with the portion and quality standards specified in recipes or as otherwise designated by servers within policy; controls food usage to minimize waste.
3. Advises manager of low inventory items; assists in receiving items and taking inventory as required.
4. Assists in the training of 2nd and 3rd cook positions
5. Maintains a clean, neat and well-organized work area at all hours, in accordance with the hotel standards.
6. Complies with hotels'' health, safety, and hygiene regulations.
7. Complies with basic food handling course annually as per city standards.
8. Knowledge of all vegetables in the raw state through preparation, with the ability to determine the appropriate doneness in regards to cooking times through visual observation.
9. Safe and proper care, preparation, storage and rotation of food items.
10. Knowledge of safe and sanitary holding temperatures and procedures.
11. Assists in other areas of the kitchen as needed.
12. At HG we are committed to providing our employees with a safe, secure and healthy workplace. It is your responsibility to comply with all workplace health and safety requirements, including any department specific training regarding equipment and procedures.
13. Maintain constant flow of communication with and to the team.
14. Communicates to his/her manager any difficulties, guest comment and other relevant information
15. Performs duties noted on the daily tasks & cleaning schedule
16. Establishes and maintains effective employee working relationships
17. Attends and participates in daily briefings and other meetings as scheduled.
18. Attends and participates in training sessions as scheduled.
19. Implements the hotel and department regulations, policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· House Rules and Regulation
· Health and Safety
· Hygiene and Cleanliness
20. Perform other duties, tasks and special projects as assigned.
- Job type
- Chicago, IL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible