Do you see yourself as a Paymaster?
What''s your passion? Whether you''re into sports, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we''re interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we''re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. This challenging position has overall responsibility for all information necessary to process payroll for the hotel and facilitate related processes.
- Implement general payroll policies and procedures and monitor adherence to guidelines. Monitor and analyze payroll cost, payroll standards, and budgeted standards as needed.
- Prepare and transmit payroll entries within established time frames. Download and edit information from timekeeping system. Audit and post entries into payroll system, including gratuities. Ensure that correct payments are made, taxes are withheld, overtime is correctly charged and paid, and that payroll is processed and executed according to all state, federal and local laws, rules and regulations.
- May perform additional accounting-related duties such as processing retrieval and chargebacks from credit card companies, assisting in posting payroll charges to the general ledger, troubleshooting time clocks or payroll system issues, working with Accounting staff on payroll bank accounts and cash levels, preparing hotel payables for payroll-related expenses, etc.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include department heads throughout the hotel, for the purpose of providing or obtaining information regarding payroll.
- Prepare reports for hotel management, including headcount and production reports, overtime reports, costing reports, etc. as needed or requested.
- Perform other payroll-related duties as needed, such as returning unclaimed paychecks, preparing human resources or accounting documentation or reports on payroll-related statistics, ensuring checks are distributed in a secure and timely manner, etc.
- Troubleshoot payroll problems/issues for employees as requested. Coordinate resolution with IHG Corporate office or payroll vendor as appropriate.
- Prepare manual checks or advance payment requests as needed or required.
- Enter and/or post employee information, including benefit deductions, new hires and terminations, garnishments, child support payments, direct deposit information, etc. into payroll and/or timekeeping system in a timely manner.
- Maintain orderly filing systems for all payroll supportive documentation and payroll reports. Maintain confidentiality of payroll information regarding past and present employees, and adequately safeguard payroll files.
- May assist with other duties as needed.
- Job type
- Austin, TX, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible