What''s your passion? Whether you''re into surfing, swimming or scuba diving, here at Intercontinental Dhaka we''re interested in YOU! We love to employ people who apply the same amount of passion and dedication to their jobs as they do to their hobbies - helping us to become one of the very best companies in the world. By sharing your expertise and passion, you will help us to achieve our vision which is ''Great Hotels Guests Love''.
Overall responsible for: To record and process all reservation inquiries made by phone, fax or email efficiently and accurately and converted to sales where possible to meet hotel targets. Promotes the desired work culture around the five core values of Trust, Integrity, Respect, One Team and Service of the InterContinental Hotels Group and the brand ethos.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
· Process reservations by email, telephone, fax, central reservation systems or any other channels.
· Handles daily email correspondence in a prompt and professional manner and respond to bookings/inquiries within 24 hours from receipt
· Create and maintain reservation records by date of arrival and listing.
· Preparing Daily Pick Up report.
· Processing the cancellations/modifications and promptly informing this information to the Front Desk
· Understands the hotel''s policy on guaranteed reservations and no-shows. Processes advance deposits on reservations.
· Produce quotations and written confirmation to the guests
· Ensure bookings are guaranteed and no show charges/late cancellation charges are applied where appropriate.
- Sell the InterContinental Hotels Group products and services using up-selling and suggestive selling techniques
- Process amendments to reservations such as extensions, early departures, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of special rates/ offers/ promotions
- Monitor reservation levels and inform Managers of current and future occupancy rates
- Demonstrate co-operation and trust with colleagues, supervisors, teams and across departments
- Communicate well to ensure effective shift hand-over’s
- Actively participate in organized meetings
- Interact with department and hotel staff in a professional and positive manner to foster good rapport, promote team spirit and ensure effective two way communication
- Be open to new ideas and make changes in the job and routine as required
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all internal customers and guests in order to anticipate their needs
- Create a positive hotel image in every interaction with internal and external customers
- Adhere to hotel brand standards
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge in order to explain and sell services and facilities to guests
- Maintain knowledge of special programs and events in the hotel in order to recognize and respond to guests needs
- Maintain current Hotel information to be able to provide information to guests
- Work effectively with customers and colleagues from different viewpoints, cultures and countries
- Brings best practice to the attention of department, shares new ideas that have been read about or discovered
- Daily arrival check & follow up on upcoming reservation
- Any task as and when required, not limited to.
Bachelor Degree in any discipline is required. Masters Degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management is preferred.
- Good in paperwork, writing reports,
Mathematical skills including basic math.
- Problem, solving
& reasoning abilities.
- Good in the use of Microsoft Office.
Age: 22 - 30
Physical Features: Sound Health & energetic
- Sound professional knowledge
- Good in stress management
- Good in communication
Others: Needs to be positive minded & self motivated.
Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated.
- Job type
- Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Starting in
- As soon as possible