Companies with a presence in almost 100 countries.
At InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts our role is to put the glamour into international travel. That’s where you come in. When you’re part of the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand you’re more than just a job title.
We love the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
Overlooking pristine white sands, InterContinental Hua Hin Resort is an elegant Hua Hin hotel near the beach and has two beachfront villas with private plunge pools. Let InterContinental Hua Hin Resort''s private jet fly you here from Bangkok. Choose from eight restaurants and bars serving authentic Thai cuisine and international fare. This Hua Hin hotel near the night market offers many shopping and dining options, with further diversions of golf, elephant treks and the Royal Summer Palace.
At InterContinental Hua Hin Resorts we look for people who are charming, confident, and internationally-minded; people who know what it takes to exceed guest expectations. So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.
1. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
· Assists in managing all food production and stewarding operations with an emphasis on maintaining hygienic standards and FSMS practices, staff training, and overseeing the preparation and presentation of a consistent food product which meets customer’s expectations. Ensure that all hygiene trainings set by IHG FSMS system are implemented.
· Adhere to local regulations concerning health, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities of the role)
· Assumes the duties and responsibilities of the Executive Chef in his absence
· Assists the Chef in the management of the day to day operation of the Food Production and Stewarding sections and informs the Executive Chef of major decisions taken in his/her absence
· Controls and analyzes, on an on-going basis, the level of the following:
o Issuing of food
o Quality and presentation of food and beverage products
o Condition and cleanliness of facilities and equipment
o Guest satisfaction
· Assists the Executive Chef in developing training plans, develops training material in accordance with IHC guidelines and implements training plans for the Food Production employees and other Food and Beverage employees
· Assists the Executive Chef in developing and maintaining up-dated operations manuals for all Food Production and Stewarding sections
· Assists the Executive Chef in developing popular menus offering guests value for money in accordance with IHG guidelines
· Assists the Executive Chef in planning and organizing successful Food and Beverage activities
· Conducts daily briefings and other meetings as needed to obtain optimal results
· Attends and participates to other meetings as required by the administrative calendar
· Assists the Executive Chef in making recipes and maintaining up-dated and accurate costing of all dishes prepared and sold in the Food and Beverage operation
· Assists the Executive Chef in setting Food Production and Stewarding goals and developing strategies, procedures and policies
· Assists the Executive Chef in determining the minimum and maximum stocks of all food, material and equipment
· Assists the Executive Chef in setting standards of all food and equipment purchases in accordance with IHG guidelines
· Participates in the preparation of the hotel''s revenue plan and marketing programs
· Monitors local competitors and compare their operation with the hotel Food and Beverage operation
· Keeps aware of trends, systems, practices and equipment in food and beverage through trade literature, hotel show and site visits
· Works with Executive Chef in manpower planning and management needs
· Works with Executive Chef in the preparation and management of the Department’s budget
2. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Required Skills –
· Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
· Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local government agency.
· Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
· Diploma or Vocational Certificate in Culinary Skills or related field.
· 3 years experience as a chef or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Hua Hin, Thailand
- Starting in
- As soon as possible