Do you see yourself as a Revenue Manager for our InterContinental San Diego property?
What''s your passion? Whether you''re into sports, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we''re interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we''re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. This challenging role will manage hotel revenue generation & maximization through full utilization of company systems, business processes and specifications.
This exciting role will implement and support company pricing, market strategy, yield, distribution & selling strategies, and revenue management best practices. Manage hotel revenue generation & maximization through full utilization of company systems, business processes and specifications.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
• Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
• Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership
of getting things done.
• Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Receive all definite and tentative group bookings and provide the General Manager with qualified analysis of how each booking will impact occupancy, average rate, and rooms profit over the dates in question. Review and approve all group proposals with Sales and/or General Manager. Collaborate with Sales Department on group rates.
• Works closely with Regional Director of Revenue Management, hotel sales and hotel management to establish and implement pricing, yield, and selling strategies for the hotel, based on market factors and company guidelines.
• Explore and provide variations in the market mix which would stimulate additional revenue without increasing costs.
• Oversee and evaluate the effectiveness of any internal incentive programs for Front Office, Reservations, Sales and Convention Services. Then provide the General Manager with clear payback analysis. Assist the General Manager in making necessary adjustments to any program.
• Responsible for the maintenance of any software programs which contribute to the management of room’s revenue, including PERFORM, RBI and Delphi/Profit Pack or any other Group Sales System.
• Establish hotel pricing levels in all segments.
• Monitor competitor strategies and data; maintain understanding of the dynamics of the local market and demand generators and present appropriate action plans to management. Monitor and communicate fluctuations in occupancy to operational departments so they can effectively manage staffing requirements and increase efficiency.
• Assist with the annual hotel budget development and ongoing results analysis.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication/briefings and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include all hotel departments.
• Interact with outside contacts:
o Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
o Corporate Revenue – to develop and implement support teams’ strategies
o Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community groups)
• Responsible for the daily room inventory management process. Actively monitor group blocks to determine rooms availability for sale.
• Work closely with the Director of Sales & Marketing, the Front Office Manager and Reservations Manager to ensure their departmental objectives and responsibilities to The Hotel Management Group are met without having a negative impact on total rooms revenue management. This is with special attention to Corporate Marketing Programs, Special Promotions, and PCR customers, Local Volume Accounts, Corporate Negotiated Accounts and Towers Operations.
• Prepare quarterly presentations or reports for the Revenue Management Committee and the Vice President of the Team’s progress toward the goals of the five-year forecast. Include a detailed analysis on The Impact of Group Bookings, Adjustments to the current Year Forecast, and Analysis of Variances.
• Conduct a weekly Revenue Management Meeting where the current 120-day booking period is evaluated for proper rate and availability control. As chairperson, the Revenue Manager gives a synopsis of results vs. decision form the previous week and leads discussion on future issues.
• Prepare all reports and analyses necessary to conduct the above-stated meeting.
• Receive all revisions to definite and tentative group bookings to prepare revised analysis as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
This job is the top revenue position in the hotel and is responsible for managing the hotel’s revenue-related strategies, achieving and exceeding the hotel’s RevPAR Index and RevPAR goals. Typically exists in a large full service, luxury, or resort hotel with a wide range of services and facilities and may have area or multi-unit responsibilities.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- San Diego, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible