Do you see yourself as a Sales & Catering Coordinator?
passion? Whether you''re into sports, shopping or old movies, at IHG we''re
interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of
care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our
guests at the heart of everything they do. And we''re looking for more
people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
For 70 years, the InterContinental® Brand has been writing the story of international travel and showing guests the InterContinental Life through personalized service, memorable, one of a kind experiences and global etiquette. As part of the largest luxury hotel brand in the world, InterContinental® Boston is a landmark of luxury; rated in the top five on Trip Advisor for Boston hotels, named one of the ‘Best Hotels in the World'' by Condé Nast Traveler magazine and featuring a Forbes Four-Star, 4 Diamond AAA rated hotel experience. The property overlooks Boston''s historic waterfront, featuring 424 luxurious ultra-modern accommodations with distinctive style and breathtaking waterfront or downtown city views, a full service spa and fitness club, 32,000 square feet of premier meeting and event space, and an array of restaurants and bars influenced by a variety of international flavors. We are looking for passionate people who are charming, confident and internationally-minded to ensure we continue the story of making great things happen at InterContinental® Boston.
This role is responsible for coordinating services for clients and in-house guest and provide administrative and sales support for the department.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond to client calls and special requests and obtain final details, dates, times, and hotel room and meeting room requirements. Regularly follow-up with clients and maintain accurate and updated information.
- Perform administrative duties such as typing proposals, letters, contracts, etc. Collect data, update data-bases, and complete departmental monthly reports.
- Resolve requests and/or complaints to the satisfaction of the guest; inform supervisor of major problems, complaints, disturbances or dissatisfied clients.
- Promote team work and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Coordinate details with other departments such as VIP amenities, special requests, or other service needs or special handling.
- May coordinate outside vendor service’s needs (floral displays, audio/visual, etc.) where appropriate. Regularly follow-up to ensure set-up requirements meet client needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned (including but not limited to: guest room tours, property tours, special guest requests, maintaining calendars, answering phones and routing to appropriate sales staff, handling of mail, faxes, etc.)
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Boston, MA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible