Companies with a presence in almost 100 countries.
At InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts our role is to put the glamour into international travel. That’s where you come in. When you’re part of the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand you’re more than just a job title.
We love the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
Overlooking pristine white sands, InterContinental Hua Hin Resort is an elegant Hua Hin hotel near the beach and has two beachfront villas with private plunge pools. Let InterContinental Hua Hin Resort''s private jet fly you here from Bangkok. Choose from eight restaurants and bars serving authentic Thai cuisine and international fare. This Hua Hin hotel near the night market offers many shopping and dining options, with further diversions of golf, elephant treks and the Royal Summer Palace.
At InterContinental Hua Hin Resorts we look for people who are charming, confident, and internationally-minded; people who know what it takes to exceed guest expectations. So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.
The Sales Research Executive will be responsible for the identification, assessment, and allocation of ‘new’ high potential accounts for the Business Development Team. The role includes generating market insight, competitor intelligence, development of sales tactics and strategies to support BD team members with their sales activities.
At Holiday Inn® we want our guests to relax and be themselves which means we need team members to:
Be you – by being natural, professional and personable in the way you are with people
Get ready – by taking notice and using your knowledge so that you are prepared for anything
Show you care – by being thoughtful in the way you welcome and connect with guests
Take action – by showing initiative, taking ownership and going the extra mile
Duties and Responsibilities
· Identify and evaluate ‘new’ high potential accounts for Business Development team members to manage and develop
· Allocate and handover accounts identified accounts to appropriate Business Development team members
· Monitor market trends and track competitor activity to support the Sales team members in their sales activities
· Support Business Development team members in the development of sales tactics and strategies
· Evaluate accounts according to methodology approved by IHG and submit to Director of Sales for review
· Share with Business Development team members up-to-date information of the market and competitor activity and how it can be used for selling activities
· Communicate to his/her superior any issues encountered and other relevant information
· Attend and participate in training sessions, daily briefings and other meetings as required
· Where applicable, supervise, manage and train Sales Research Coordinators in carrying out their responsibilities
· Not Applicable
· Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community.
· Ensure clear communication through sales system of these accounts and their potential
· Produce periodic reports and forecasts for the team
· Ensure sufficient accounts in the pipeline
Perform other duties as assigned.
This is sales research and analytical support executive position for a full service luxury, resort, or major flagship hotel with high volume catering, banquet, and/or convention facilities.
Performance of this role should be measured by the following key metrics:
· Key Performance Objectives set annually (as per IHG policy)
· Sectors identified & profiled
· No. of accounts assigned
· Accounts researched & logged
· Process compliance as the indicated compliance in the Standard Operating Procedures
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Degree or Diploma, one year of relevant experience or equivalent work experience in sales research and support. Relevant experience in the service industry would be an advantage.
Expected to possess the following skills:
· Excellent PC skills (including MS Office) and administrative skills
· Knowledge of Delphi/Opera is an advantage
· Strong communication and time management skills
· Ability to interact on a professional level with management and customers
· Detail-oriented with excellent analytical skills
- Job type
- Hua Hin, Thailand
- Starting in
- As soon as possible