Description 1. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the general direction of the Chief Steward/Assistant Chief Steward or his/her Delegate, and within the limits of established IHG and local Hotel policies and procedures, responsible for supervising the stewarding operation and for ensuring the cleanliness of Food and Beverage premises to high hygienic standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains all aspects of the Hotel looking clean and professional.
- Oversees the preparation of kitchen equipment for use.
- Oversees the cleaning and storage of kitchen equipment.
- Oversees the removal of waste.
- Maintains a hygienic kitchen.
- Ensures that all reporting colleagues maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming at all times.
- Communicates positively with colleagues to ensure effective teamwork and high morale.
- Assists the Chief Steward/Assistant Chief Steward in supervising, coordinate the activities of the stewarding personnel and participate in their activities during the shift.
- Ensures that silverware, glassware, chinaware, pots and pans are properly washed, cleaned, dried and stored according for established standards.
- Assists in preparing inventory lists for inside/outside Banquets and checks inventory again upon completion of Banquet theme nights, functions etc..
- Ensures that the use of chemicals and detergents used for the Stewarding operation are properly kept in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Prepares storeroom requisitions for approval.
- Ensures that personnel handling tableware, silverware, glassware and equipment in established manner to minimize breakage.
- Initiates repair and maintenance orders as appropriate.
- Complies with hygiene and sanitation standards.
- Demonstrates understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Job type
- Beirut, Lebanon
- Starting in
- As soon as possible