An icon of refined Manhattan elegance since 1926, the InterContinental New York Barclay re-opened in spring 2016, following an extensive renovation as the city’s luxury hotel of choice. Located off Park Avenue in midtown east, The Barclay features 702 beautifully-designed guestrooms with 30 suites, an opulent Presidential Suite and Penthouse Sky Suite with 1,500 feet of outdoor space and Chrysler Building views. The hotel boasts 15,000 square feet of meeting space and two large ballrooms for New York’s most memorable weddings, benefits, and galas. The Barclay offers a Club InterContinental®. It''s Gin bar and lounge with light dining, is a dynamic social hub in the hotel’s expansive lobby. The “new” Barclay'' embraces the hotel''s distinctive legacy, while modernizing every detail.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet VIP guests and conduct special check-in and check-out services for these guests. Communicate with Front Office about arriving VIP guests and communicate any changes needed for their stay in a timely and accurate manner.
- Identify return guests and VIP’s in advance. Assign premium guest rooms and coordinate closely with other departments to forward relevant information.
- Collect and provide comprehensive information and coordinate VIP and/or Priority Club guest requests regarding hotel services, sporting events, places of interest, restaurants, theater, airline, transportation tickets, limousine rentals, sightseeing tours and any other information of interest. Coordinate and/or confirm reservations as needed.
- Respond appropriately to guest requests and complaints. Make appropriate service recovery gestures according to established guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction. Log all guest complaints or concerns, coordinate the dispatch of work orders to the appropriate department and staff, and escalate appropriate issues to management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Job type
- New York, NY, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible