What''s your passion? Whether you''re into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we''re interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we''re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
InterContinental Nairobi is situated along City Hall way in Nairobi overlooking the City and a 5 minutes drive from the City Centre. The Hotel is located 16kms from JKIA Airport which is a 30 minutes drive. The Parliament buildings are a short stroll away, the Kenyatta International Conference Centre is right next door and Nairobi National Park, Museum Hill and the Elephant Orphanage are within easy reach.
The Hotel is an ideal venue for experiencing great room comfort, has excellent Banquet and Catering facilities, having one of the largest ballrooms in Nairobi and it boasts of 3 Restaurants and 2 Bars.
InterContinental Hotels are synonymous with excellence in customer service. At the InterContinental Nairobi, we commit ourselves in creating unforgettable experiences for our guests, providing personalized service, anticipating and fulfilling our customers’ needs. InterContinental Nairobi has, for years been an oasis for business travelers'' as well as those who want to experience the wonders of Africa.
At the moment we''re looking for a Tailor to join our energetic, enthusiastic and passionate team at InterContinental Nairobi and you will be directly reporting to Housekeeping Auditor.
Ideally, you will:
· Maintains sewing machines and related equipment
· Repairs food and beverages linen
· Alerts linen supervisor of any linen beyond repair for storage
· Ensures all torn staff uniforms are mended as required
· Ensures all the sewing machines and equipment are well maintained
· Alerts linen supervisor of all mended uniforms that needs re-washing
· Keeps sewing room area clean at all times
· Repairs guest garments and deliver them back
· Cooperates and communicates with other supervisors on rooms with curtains and bed linen for repair.
· Alert the linen supervisor on requisition of tailoring items e.g. Threads, Lubricating oil, Zips, scissors etc.
· Repairs all the damaged food and beverage linen
· Repairs all the guest linen
· Inform linen supervisor on linen and uniform beyond repair so as keep them away from operation
In return, we''ll provide a competitive salary package, duty meals, worldwide hotel discounts and the opportunity to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we''ll give you a Room to be yourself.
So what''s your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG by 27th June 2018!
IHG is an equal opportunity employer
To find out more about us visit
- Job type
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration