Pastry - Lead Baker Trainee
About the job
Location: New York City
Rate of Pay: starting at $20 USD per hour
The Pastry – Lead Baker Trainee fulfills special order decorations for cakes, tarts, and pastries. They will work in tandem with the pastry team to create appealing designs on all specialty bakery goods. Ensures that the display cases are attractive and full, and the product is fresh. Evaluates product and inventory need as well as receive the incoming products and assist the manager and department lead. Assists guests with selection, and shares knowledge of preparation and pairings. “Packs out” products, stocks, rotates, merchandises displays and assures a full and fronted department. Works with the manager to ensure pars are accurate and met for order needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Consult with customers on desired cake designs and decorating ideas for specialty cakes.
• Decorates all cakes, tarts, pastries, and special-order items in the Patisserie department.
• Work in tandem with the pastry team to create appealing designs on all baked goods.
• Assist the pastry and baking team with the production of standard bakery items.
• Stocks, rotates, merchandises and quality checks products according to department procedures and Regulated Health Codes
• Ensures all product is merchandised attractively, as per brand standards
• Rotates products according to First In First Out (FIFO) standards; ensuring all products are within expiration code and of the highest quality
• Maintains and organizes back-stock and storage areas according to department standards
• Communicates department needs, adjustments and problems promptly and efficiently to the manager
• Participates in scheduled inventory procedures or spot inventory audits
Our aspiration is to create an opportunity for individuals looking to enhance their skills with an Internship in America and help employers find qualified individuals
to train in their establishment. We go the extra mile for the candidate and host company throughout the entire process!
International Recruitment Exchange Services, Inc works to find the perfect candidate for the perfect employer.
IRE Services, Inc., is a USA-based recruitment agency providing J1 visa placement services.
Why choose IRES?
* All Internships/Traineeships are PAID!! You will earn money while training in the USA!
* As YOU are our priority, we provide a devoted participant support office in the USA.
* We offer personal services and the best USA placement opportunities, and importantly we listen and care about your interest in this program.
* International Recruitment Exchange Services, Inc. works directly with the USA sponsor organization & major hotels in USA. We are partners with USA sponsoring companies.