About Jumeirah & the Hotel
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
Steps from Sloane Square and in the heart of the fashion borough, The Carlton Tower – Jumeirah, has an ideal location in one of the most sought after areas of London, with iconic luxury brands as its neighbours. Staying true to its heritage and pioneering nature, The Carlton Tower will reveal its new look and elevated guest experiences in spring 2020.
Assistant Executive Housekeeper
This is an exciting and rare career opportunity to be part of an exceptional team at an exceptional time. If you have passion and ambition that sets you apart from your peers, if you can deliver true craftsmanship and quality with charm and flair then join us in creating the best team in the business.
About the job:
The Carlton Tower, Jumeirah has an exciting opportunity for a talented Assistant Executive Housekeeper to perform their craft in our luxurious hotel.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role are:
- To support the Executive Housekeeper with the overall purpose to achieve the highest standards of overall presentation in our guest rooms, suites and public areas at all times
- To support with ongoing creativity and initiative in order to ensure outstanding hotel presentation
- To partner with other leaders within the business to ensure the smooth flow of communication between key departments in order to enhance levels of guest service, for example Front Office to ensure VIPs have the highest level of luxury experience
- To manage relationships with external contractors to ensure a high standard of service is carried out at all times
- To support the Executive Housekeeper with oversight and management of the Linen Room and Valet
- To ensure plants and flowers in guest rooms and public areas are displayed creatively and immaculately
- Be demanding and critical when it comes to service and quality standards
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Have a passion for delivering outstanding levels of guest service and the ability to innovate, with a proven track record within 5-star luxury hotels
- Have the ability to manage in a diverse and luxury environment with a focus on guest experience
- Excellent people management skills as a solution focussed leader
- Have strong organisational and time management skills with a high degree of flexibility
- Be commercially focused
- Be a self-motivator and someone who is ready to challenge in the interest of continuous improvement
- Have an outgoing and assertive personality
- Be friendly, approachable and professional
About the benefits:
Besides generous F&B benefits and reduced hotel rates across our hotels globally, this role has excellent employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry. This includes…
- Free meals on duty
- Dry cleaning of uniforms / office attire
- 33 days paid annual leave including bank holidays
- Extra day of holiday for significant birthdays
- 50% off all Jumeirah restaurants and bars
- Generous discounted Jumeirah hotel rates
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Recognition and Social calendar
- Private Medical Insurance and Dental cover (Travel Insurance if applicable)
- Company Pension Scheme with enhanced employer contribution
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Job type
- London, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract
The Carlton Tower Jumeirah
As when the hotel was first opened, the new vision will challenge tradition while remaining faithful to its heritage and architectural legacy. The re-launch will reveal signature interiors combined with exquisite facilities and service standards crafted to show the famed Jumeirah hospitality at its very best.
This is an exciting and rare career opportunity to be part of an exceptional team at an exceptional time.
If you have passion and ambition that sets you apart from your peers, if you can deliver true craftsmanship and quality with charm and flair then join us in creating the best team in the business.