At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
Our Group & Corporate and Dubai Shared Services teams are an integral part in delivering the Jumeirah Brand promise. Based in our modern headquarters in Dubai Design District or in one of our other key locations, we guarantee you will be part of a dynamic, committed team of industry professionals with a passion for delivering the Company strategy and efficiencies essential for our world class operation.
An opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Manager to join the Cluster PR & Communications Department in Jumeirah Dubai Shared Services. The main duties and responsibilities of this role will include:
- Support the Cluster PR & Communications Manager in developing and implementing PR & communications plans and projects for the hotel(s)
- Actively monitor, guide and support the implementation and compliance of each hotel’s brand standards from an editorial, narrative and content perspective
- Monitor PR coverage of each hotel and respond in an agile manner to ensure the hotel(s) achieve an appropriate share of voice within each key market
- Nurture and improve direct relationships with the UAE and GCC media and – through the international PR Agency network – with international media
- Respond to requests for information and content from media and influencers
- Proactively plan and host an annual series of media and influencers familiarisation trips to the Dubai hotels and reactively respond to requests for fam trips, evaluating the likely ROI. Ensure that relevant F&B outlets are given exposure
- Act as a host of media fams and visits
- Participate in Jumeirah’s weekly editorial meetings, contributing and brainstorming ideas and ensuring the hotels are appropriately represented
- Support on the creation of Social Media calendars and the community management of social media channels, based on direction given by the Cluster Communications Manager
- Write press releases, editorials, key messages, FAQs, presentations, hotel backgrounders, reports and other PR & Communications content to drive media and influencer engagement and promote hotels and activations, ensuring that the materials meet appropriate standards of content, style and appearance
- Help coordinate and support the Cluster Communications Manager prepare and manage events and product launches
- Assist the Director of Communications and Communications Manager for the Dubai Cluster in the management of agencies (UAE, GCC, USA, UK, Germany, Russia, China) with regards to the delivery of their scopes of work for Dubai hotels
- Act as a key PR & Comms support for the hotel(s) General Manager(s) and senior management, working closely with the Cluster Communications Manager.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the PR & Communications team by providing guidance, encouraging teamwork and facilitating related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards.
- Liaise with internal and external parties at the appropriate levels to ensure smooth flow of operations
- Actively take part in team buildings, training and outings, to help maintain a positive and effective working environment for wider Cluster Communications team
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, English, hospitality, business or related field from an internationally recognized institution
- Have at least 3 years of PR & Communications experience, preferably within the international luxury hospitality industry and in a similar hotel cluster environment
- Strong media relations experience, ideally within the international arena
- Good network of media and influencer contacts within Dubai and the GCC
- English and Russian speaker
About the Benefits:
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Communication, Public Relations
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract
The company was founded in 1997 and currently operates 20 hotels in 7 countries. Jumeirah’s promise of STAY DIFFERENT™ delivers imaginative and exhilarating experiences in culturally connected environments offering a thoughtful and generous service.
In line with this promise, the individuality of the Jumeirah portfolio is unmistakable, encompassing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; the world renowned Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s most luxurious hotel and recognised as the symbol of Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London.
Jumeirah Group also manages two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living in London; Talise, our spa brand; Jumeirah Restaurants, our restaurant division; the thrilling Wild Wadi Waterpark; and the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
Whenever you stay with us or use any of our services, our aim is for you to come away with a sense of the Jumeirah spirit - a genuinely caring and personal service. In our own words, to STAY DIFFERENT™.