At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
Our Group & Corporate and Dubai Shared Services teams are an integral part in delivering the Jumeirah Brand promise. Based in our modern headquarters in Dubai Design District or in one of our other key locations, we guarantee you will be part of a dynamic, committed team of industry professionals with a passion for delivering the Company strategy and efficiencies essential for our world class operation.
Your main responsibilities:
An opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Manager role to join the Cluster Revenue - City department in Dubai Shared Services. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Manages room authorisations, rates and restrictions
- Maintains the transient rooms inventory for the hotel and is responsible for maximizing transient revenue and straight line availability through the effective use of IDeaS, Opera, SynXis and wholesale availability calendar
- Maintains accurate system information in all systems relevant to both rates and descriptions
- Prepares weekly and monthly forecast
- Prepares and leads weekly revenue meeting
- Monitors demand and competitor pricing and makes adjustments as required to meet desired targets
- Updates Wholesale Pricing Tool and RGI Index Forecast Tool
- Ensures daily reports are correct and issues in a timely manner and adheres to company policy
- Ensures allotments are in place and all standards are adhered to in relation to release periods and materialization
- Identifies changes in trends when applicable
- Ensures releases group rooms back into general inventory and ensures clean booking windows for customers
- Ensures group room blocks are controlled and are following contractual release periods to ensure space is opened up for transient demand
- Highlights discrepancies in market segmentations and ensures quality of reservations is correct and standards are followed
- To ensure all rates and programmes are loaded as per company policy and brand standards
- Works together with the Business Evaluation Team on ensuring MAR rates and catering related strategies are implemented
- Assists in annual budgeting process
- Promotes and protects brand equity
- Trains where required colleagues to ensure standards are understood and followed
- Ensures team members have current knowledge for all relevant processes, policies and promotions to perform their duties.
- Implementing and recognising potential opportunities within the system to enhance hotel performance
Other duties as may be reasonably required by the HOD or management.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications;
- Apprenticeship/long-term training in Hotel or Hospitality Management diploma in Hotel Administration
- At least 2 years’ experience in Revenue Operations
- Capable in basic mathematics, including the calculation of common statistics, ratios and percentages, and have a working knowledge of simple algebra.
- Fully knowledgeable of Opera, Synxis or similar CRS, Delphi and IdeaS
- Good skills in Microsoft Excel
- Understand Group and Catering positioning within a hotel
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Good presentation and training skills
- Understanding of need time strategy as developed by revenue management
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, accommodation, life insurance, functional incentives, participation in a best in kind Savings Plan and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Revenue Management, Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
The company was founded in 1997 and currently operates 20 hotels in 7 countries. Jumeirah’s promise of STAY DIFFERENT™ delivers imaginative and exhilarating experiences in culturally connected environments offering a thoughtful and generous service.
In line with this promise, the individuality of the Jumeirah portfolio is unmistakable, encompassing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; the world renowned Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s most luxurious hotel and recognised as the symbol of Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London.
Jumeirah Group also manages two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living in London; Talise, our spa brand; Jumeirah Restaurants, our restaurant division; the thrilling Wild Wadi Waterpark; and the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
Whenever you stay with us or use any of our services, our aim is for you to come away with a sense of the Jumeirah spirit - a genuinely caring and personal service. In our own words, to STAY DIFFERENT™.