About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
Jumeirah Zabeel Saray is a luxurious beachside resort located on the west crescent of the iconic Palm Jumeirah in Dubai. The interior of the resort is inspired by the ancient palaces of Turkey and features hand-painted finishings, Turkish artworks and stunning murals inspired by the Golden Age of the Ottoman Empire. The resort offers 405 rooms and suites, 38 Royal Residences and the award-winning Talise Ottoman Spa, one of the largest and most luxurious spas in the Middle East. The resort offers Sinbad’s Kids Club complete with splash park, nightlife destination MusicHall and a collection of eight diverse restaurants which offer a vibrant selection of culinary experiences. The resort also offers motorised and non-motorised water sports, complete with private jetty offering shuttle boat transfers to and from the main-land of Dubai.
About the Job:
An opportunity has a risen for a colleague to join our Food and Beverage team in Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, for an Assistant Outlet Manager. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
1. To always embrace the Jumeirah Hallmarks
2. To develop and maintain an elegantly appointed environment, with superior staff, dedicated to an attentive, distinctive experience for all dining periods.
3. To assist with hiring, training, supervising and discipline all outlet colleagues.
4. To maintain a friendly yet unobtrusive manner with all guests.
5. To possess a management ability that ensures a successful handling of the outlet
6. To control reservations and seating of the outlet.
7. To ensure the correct and consistent service techniques for various meal periods will be demonstrated by all colleagues.
8. To anticipate, in advance, all materials and supplies and assure their availability.
9. To control usage of all food and beverage items and appropriate usage of equipment, tools and service equipment.
10. To observe daily conditions of all physical facilities and equipment in the outlet and make recommendations for corrections and improvements as needed.
11. To prepare colleague schedules, which allow for appropriate service while controlling labour costs and overtime.
12. To communicate with other departments to ensure a supporting team of professionals.
13. To communicate with the Outlet Manager, Chef, and Food and Beverage Director to discuss menus, marketing strategies and guest comments and concerns.
14. To ensure a safe working environment for all colleagues within the outlet.
15. To forecast covers and revenues and then schedules accordingly.
16. To develop all colleagues for future advancement.
17. To recommend salary adjustments, transfers, promotions and dismissals.
18. To understand all food and beverage items offered, including ingredients, methods of preparation and proper service.
19. To assist in completing and conducing performance evaluations for all colleagues.
20. To maintain a daily log for communication between outlet colleagues.
21. To supervise the public areas and restrooms.
22. To attend and participate in all required meetings.
23. To promote teamwork and foster a harmonious working climate.
24. To promote good public relations and handle complaints or concerns of guests.
25. To handle all inventories directly involved with the operation of the outlet.
26. To utilize the computer system in ringing, printing and closing checks as well as shift reports and other Office usage
27. To recognize and address potential disruptive or undesirable guests.
28. To properly handle and report employee and guest accidents.
29. To respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
30. To perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management.
31. To assist in laying out goals and develop strategies to accomplish said goals.
32. To forecast necessary staffing to get the job done.
33. To continually be aware of departmental needs as they relate to production and staffing.
34. To assist Department Heads in developing job descriptions and reviewing them periodically to ensure their continuing understanding and acceptance.
35. To control standards, performance, employees' conduct, dress code, appearance, sanitation, etc., according to established policies.
36. To formulate and recommend changes to improve colleague’s performance and teamwork.
37. To keep colleagues informed about hotel policies and changes.
38. To assist in managing and controlling overall expenses of the outlets focusing on higher revenue and profit.
39. To work in co-operation with the Chef and Sous-Chefs to ensure top quality and fair prices and to see that below standard items are never accepted or served.
40. To keep informed of special events such as Ramadan, Eid, etc.
41. Knowledge of P.O.S. system of hotel
42. To keep the waste factor in the hotel at a minimal level.
43. To ensure that colleagues maintain inventories and par stocks.
44. To posses the ability to budget and control expenses
45. To be knowledgeable in all facets of Human Resources nature interviewing, evaluating, discipline, termination.
46. To identify potential problems and ask for assistance before breakdown occurs.
47. To provide lateral service within the hotel whenever needed
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
High school degree
A total of 4-5 years Food and Beverage experience
2 years minimum in a similar role in a 5 * international environment
Well versed in financial aspects of operations
Knowledge of Micros Point of Sale system
About the benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; your own single room accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, annual flight ticket, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Management, F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration
The company was founded in 1997 and currently operates 20 hotels in 7 countries. Jumeirah’s promise of STAY DIFFERENT™ delivers imaginative and exhilarating experiences in culturally connected environments offering a thoughtful and generous service.
In line with this promise, the individuality of the Jumeirah portfolio is unmistakable, encompassing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; the world renowned Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s most luxurious hotel and recognised as the symbol of Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London.
Jumeirah Group also manages two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living in London; Talise, our spa brand; Jumeirah Restaurants, our restaurant division; the thrilling Wild Wadi Waterpark; and the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
Whenever you stay with us or use any of our services, our aim is for you to come away with a sense of the Jumeirah spirit - a genuinely caring and personal service. In our own words, to STAY DIFFERENT™.