About Jumeirah and Jumeirah Zabeel Saray:
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
Jumeirah Zabeel Saray is a luxurious beachside resort located on the west crescent of the iconic Palm Jumeirah in Dubai. The interior of the resort is inspired by the ancient palaces of Turkey and features hand-painted finishings, Turkish artworks and stunning murals inspired by the Golden Age of the Ottoman Empire. The resort offers 405 rooms and suites, 38 Royal Residences and the award-winning Talise Ottoman Spa, one of the largest and most luxurious spas in the Middle East. The resort offers Sinbad’s Kids Club complete with splash park, nightlife destination MusicHall and a collection of eight diverse restaurants which offer a vibrant selection of culinary experiences. The resort also offers motorised and non-motorised water sports, complete with private jetty offering shuttle boat transfers to and from the main-land of Dubai.
About the role:
The main purpose of this role will be to assist the Chef de Cuisine/Sous Chef (or any designates) to develop standard recipes which allow the kitchen department to operate at an acceptable cost. To maximize colleagues productivity in order to minimise payroll costs.
Your main duties will include:
1. Organize shifting in the section with regards to mis-en-place production and its service.
2. Give tasks to Demi Chefs and Commis and check that they are carried out in the correct manner.
3. Write daily wine, dry store, food requisitions and kitchen transfers on the appropriate forms for the approval of Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef in order to achieve the high stock rotation desired in his / her section.
4. Maintain good colleagues relations and motivate colleagues.
5. Ensure that training on a one to one basis has been carried out and comprehended.
6. Checks on a daily basis food preparation regarding portion size, quantity and quality as laid down in the recipe index.
7. Responsible for completing the daily checklist regarding mise-en-place and food storage.
8. Attend daily meeting with the Chef de Cuisine and other meetings as requested by the Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef.
9. Check the main information board regarding changes in any Banquets or other information regarding the organization.
10. Pass all information to the next shift about functions.
11. Check Demi Chefs/Commis on his/her section: Personal Hygiene and Jumeirah standards are in place.
For this role you will need to have:
• Able to deal with people different nationalities and religions
• Completed kitchen apprentice or chefs training courses for at least one year
• At least three years in a five star International chain hotel
• Should understand how to read recipes and a good knowledge of cooking.
• A pleasing personality
• At least 5 years in the Kitchen
• At least two years in a five star International chain hotel
• Good Communicator
• Team Player
• Take on responsibility
About the benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary package which includes shared accommodation or live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, flight allowance every 2 years, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
The company was founded in 1997 and currently operates 20 hotels in 7 countries. Jumeirah’s promise of STAY DIFFERENT™ delivers imaginative and exhilarating experiences in culturally connected environments offering a thoughtful and generous service.
In line with this promise, the individuality of the Jumeirah portfolio is unmistakable, encompassing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; the world renowned Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s most luxurious hotel and recognised as the symbol of Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London.
Jumeirah Group also manages two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living in London; Talise, our spa brand; Jumeirah Restaurants, our restaurant division; the thrilling Wild Wadi Waterpark; and the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
Whenever you stay with us or use any of our services, our aim is for you to come away with a sense of the Jumeirah spirit - a genuinely caring and personal service. In our own words, to STAY DIFFERENT™.