About Jumeirah and Madinat Jumeirah Resort
At Jumeirah we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe and the Middle East.
Set on a private beach, Madinat Jumeirah Resort is an authentic recreation of ancient Arabia, capturing the natural beauty of the region. Madinat Jumeirah features two grand boutique hotels, Al Qasr and Mina A’ Salam, accommodation in 29 traditional summer houses in Dar Al Masyaf, conference and banqueting facilities including two grand ballrooms, a 1000-seat amphitheatre and the region’s only dedicated entertainment centre and multi-purpose venue, Madinat Arena. The facilities are interconnected by 3km of waterways and landscaped gardens.
The resort also provides extensive leisure and health facilities including Talise Spa and Talise Fitness, as well as Souk Madinat Jumeirah, a traditional retail and dining experience showcasing the best of Arabia.
About the Role
An exciting role has arisen in the Culinary department at Madinat Jumeirah Resort for a highly motivated and hardworking individual. The main purpose of this position is to cook any food on a daily basis according to business requirements.
Your main duties will include:
· To maintain the Physical Product and to advise of any faults
· To attend training set by company and or their seniors
· To fully understand HACCP and COSHH and take appropriate action to maintain a safe and equitable working environment whilst being sensitive to, and aware of, business levels in order to maintain a disciplined but harmonious department
· Work to the specifications received by the Chef de Partie regarding portion size, quantity and quality as laid down in the recipe index maintaining standards and consistency
· Check the main information board regarding changes in any Banquets or other information regarding the organization
· To understand and to be aware of food costs within your department
· Pass all information to the next shift about functions through a proper handover system
· Adhere to all Jumeirah standards and HACCP guidelines
About the benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes: fully furnished shared accommodation, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, bi-annual flight allowance, medical coverage, life and accident insurance.
· The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
· At least 1 year experience in similar role in a five-star hotel or standalone restaurant
· Certificate or Diploma in Culinary
· You must have a basic understanding of culinary operation
· Good command of English language (spoken and written)
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- F&B kitchen, Bakery/Pastry
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
The company was founded in 1997 and currently operates 20 hotels in 7 countries. Jumeirah’s promise of STAY DIFFERENT™ delivers imaginative and exhilarating experiences in culturally connected environments offering a thoughtful and generous service.
In line with this promise, the individuality of the Jumeirah portfolio is unmistakable, encompassing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; the world renowned Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s most luxurious hotel and recognised as the symbol of Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London.
Jumeirah Group also manages two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living in London; Talise, our spa brand; Jumeirah Restaurants, our restaurant division; the thrilling Wild Wadi Waterpark; and the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
Whenever you stay with us or use any of our services, our aim is for you to come away with a sense of the Jumeirah spirit - a genuinely caring and personal service. In our own words, to STAY DIFFERENT™.