About Jumeirah and Madinat Jumeirah Resort
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
Madinat Jumeirah – The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai’s heritage. The resort comprises of three grand boutique hotels: Jumeirah Mina A’Salam, Jumeirah Al Qasr, Jumeirah Al Naseem and a collection of 29 traditional summer houses known as Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf. In addition, there’s seven exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 50 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, a leading conference and banqueting centre, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa and the Talise Fitness health club.
About the Role
An opportunity has arisen for a Demi Chef de Partie to join our Culinary team in Madinat Jumeirah Resort. The main duties and responsibilities of this role
Your main duties will include the following:
- Take orders from his/her Chef de Partie and carry them out in the correct manner.
- Write daily ordering for perishable and non perishable goods for the approval of the Sous Chef/Head Chef in order to achieve good stock rotation to maintain freshness of produce.
- Maintain good employee relations and motivate colleagues.
- Work to the specifications received by the Chef de Partie regarding portion size, quantity and quality as laid down by in the recipe written by the Sous Chef/Head Chef
- Attend daily and monthly meetings with the Sous Chef/Head Chef and any other meetings requested by the Head Chef or General Manager.
- Report any problems regarding failure of machinery and small equipment to the Junior Sous/Sous Chef and follow up to ensure the necessary work has been carried out.
- Check the notice board and various posters in regards to any menu changes or functions/large parties that maybe coming up.
- Keep the section clean and tidy.
- Pass all information on to the following shift whether it be later the same day or the next day.
- Report any sickness or accidents to the Sous Chef in charge of the shift.
- Assist the Head Chef in composing new recipe and menu ideas.
- The above description is not to be regarded as exhaustive. Other tasks and responsibilities of a broadly comparable nature may be added on a temporary or permanent basis as appropriate.
About the benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; fully furnished shared accommodation, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, bi-annual flight allowance, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Good Knowledge of job related skills
- Passionate and driven attitude
- Capable of leading a small team
- Perform and delegate tasks to a multicultural team
- Good communication skills
- Self motivated and passionate about the job
- Able to handle multiple tasks
- Focused and innovative
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the kitchen
- Worked for at least three years in a 5* international hotel chain
- Working in a multicultural environment
- Should have knowledge of all kinds of cooking techniques and methods
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- F&B kitchen, Bakery/Pastry
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
The company was founded in 1997 and currently operates 20 hotels in 7 countries. Jumeirah’s promise of STAY DIFFERENT™ delivers imaginative and exhilarating experiences in culturally connected environments offering a thoughtful and generous service.
In line with this promise, the individuality of the Jumeirah portfolio is unmistakable, encompassing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; the world renowned Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s most luxurious hotel and recognised as the symbol of Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London.
Jumeirah Group also manages two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living in London; Talise, our spa brand; Jumeirah Restaurants, our restaurant division; the thrilling Wild Wadi Waterpark; and the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
Whenever you stay with us or use any of our services, our aim is for you to come away with a sense of the Jumeirah spirit - a genuinely caring and personal service. In our own words, to STAY DIFFERENT™.