About Jumeirah and the Hotel:
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
Jumeirah Zabeel Saray is a luxurious beachside resort located on the west crescent of the iconic Palm Jumeirah in Dubai. The interior of the resort is inspired by the ancient palaces of Turkey and features hand-painted finishings, Turkish artworks and stunning murals inspired by the Golden Age of the Ottoman Empire. The resort offers 405 rooms and suites, 38 Royal Residences and the award-winning Talise Ottoman Spa, one of the largest and most luxurious spas in the Middle East. The resort offers Sinbad’s Kids Club complete with splash park, nightlife destination MusicHall and a collection of eight diverse restaurants which offer a vibrant selection of culinary experiences. The resort also offers motorised and non-motorised water sports, complete with private jetty offering shuttle boat transfers to and from the main-land of Dubai.
About the Role:
An opportunity has arisen for an Executive chef role in our hotel. The main purpose of this role will be to actively contribute to the successful achievement of the organizational goals, link corporate policy and strategy with F&B Production across Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. Ensuring that all departments perform and maximize their potential, are individually profitable and sustainable whilst enhancing the resorts image.
The main duties will include:
1. Oversee the F&B Production processes, planning of menus and designing standard recipes to ensure consistent quality in food production, that meet guest expectations and contribute to the profitability of the hotel.
2. Participate in the preparation of the Annual Business Plan to ensure the culinary operation is adequately represented.
3. Ensure that HACCP and other local regulations are adhered to ensure the highest food hygiene standards.
4. Liaise with purchasing to ensure prompt and efficient purchasing, food quality, issuing of supplies, stock control and inventory control.
5. Liaise with Stewarding to ensure an adequate supply of equipment, and to ensure kitchen cleanliness and hygiene meet the required standards.
6. Liaise with Engineering to ensure prompt and efficient repair and maintenance.
7. Make recommendations to Management for modernization of equipment, service methods and presentation, to improve guest satisfaction.
8. Provide creative culinary ideas to project and enhance the image and reputation of the culinary operation.
9. Frequently verify that the dishes served in the outlets meet guest expectations and hotel standards.
10. Monitor and analyse the menus and product of competitive restaurants and keep up to date with international culinary trends to maintain a competitive advantage.
11. Develop, build and motivate a high performing team.
12. To drive and support a culture where colleagues, at every level are consulted, recognized, respected and rewarded accordingly.
13. Adhere to Jumeirah Group’s Guiding Principles and Hallmarks and to promote them to colleagues on a constant basis, always leading by example.
14. Drive change, influence transitions, and actively seek and contribute to ideas and solutions for continuous improvement.
15. Take responsibility for ones own development and education.
16. Any reasonable request made by the executive team.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
• Diploma or Equivalent in Catering / Hotel Management
• Minimum 10 years of International experience in a five star hotel and restaurants
• Experience running large Multi outlet venue
• IT skills in Outlook, Word, Excel
• Ability to negotiate at a Senior level
• Ability to develop and create standardised recipe / menus
• Ability to plan and implement food promotions
About the benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight tickets allowance, medical and dental coverage, pension, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates. Married colleagues will enjoy family benefits for up to two children which include education assistance.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
The company was founded in 1997 and currently operates 20 hotels in 7 countries. Jumeirah’s promise of STAY DIFFERENT™ delivers imaginative and exhilarating experiences in culturally connected environments offering a thoughtful and generous service.
In line with this promise, the individuality of the Jumeirah portfolio is unmistakable, encompassing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; the world renowned Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s most luxurious hotel and recognised as the symbol of Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London.
Jumeirah Group also manages two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living in London; Talise, our spa brand; Jumeirah Restaurants, our restaurant division; the thrilling Wild Wadi Waterpark; and the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
Whenever you stay with us or use any of our services, our aim is for you to come away with a sense of the Jumeirah spirit - a genuinely caring and personal service. In our own words, to STAY DIFFERENT™.