At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
Our Group & Corporate and Dubai Shared Services teams are an integral part in delivering the Jumeirah Brand promise. Based in our modern headquarters in Dubai Design District or in one of our other key locations, we guarantee you will be part of a dynamic, committed team of industry professionals with a passion for delivering the Company strategy and efficiencies essential for our world class operation.
An opportunity has arisen for an Executive to join the Cluster Sales Department in Dubai Shared Services. The main duties and responsibilities of this role includes:
- Act as the single point of contact within Jumeirah for each assigned Dubai Cluster key accounts.
- Produce and implement an account development plan for each Dubai cluster key account to achieve maximum revenue in both short and long term.
- Execute the annual commercial plan of the Dubai Cluster Sales team within area of responsibility.
- Monitor and feedback competitors activities and respond to them appropriately.
- Maintain high profile network across designated area of coverage, actively prospects and hunt new business opportunities.
- Continuously source new business through research of local media and market intelligence.
- Attend overseas trade shows, key client events, FAM trips and sales trip as planned and submitted at the beginning of each year and updated calendar at each quarter.
- Be fully up to date with budgeted/actual/forecast targets of the Dubai cluster as well as own segment and individual target.
- Responsible to continuously secure below and above the line marketing opportunities to position the brand and drive sales.
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with Global Sales Offices and Hotels.
- Assist and introduce Jumeirah Hotels Sales & Marketing teams to area of coverage/responsibility and identified customer group when requested.
- Identify and communicate ideas and customer expectations from assigned segments and territory.
- Maintain an accurate profiles and history of all accounts within Jumeirah Connect.
- Support administration duties in the absence of the sales coordinator
- Proper quality of input in Jumeirah Connect and make sure to enter new contacts and accounts into the system as per the Jumeirah Data Entry Standards.
- Meet a monthly Jumeirah Connect target of 50 activities to include the following sub types “i.e. Sales Calls, Entertainment, Telemarketing, Site Inspections.”
- Contribute to the month end report and submit to line manager by the end of 1st week of the month.
- Pull out on quarterly basis the results of own assigned incentive targets and submit back to line manager.
- Acts as an ambassador for Jumeirah through networking, profiling with customers and effective presentations.
- To ensure personal appearance meets the company standard at all times which includes ensuring uniform (if supplied) / work attire are maintained and in good repair and achieve the highest possible standard in personal hygiene.
- To achieve and maintain the highest possible levels of customer service to both external (i.e. paying customers) and internal customers ( i.e. colleagues) at all times in accordance with company policy
- To assist fellow colleagues both within and outside own department where possible (as requested / required) to ensure operational and customer service requirements are achieved at all times
- To report for duty on time and on the days rostered.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Business or Hospitality related degree from an internationally recognized institution
- At least 1 year of sales and marketing experience, preferably with an international hospitality company or a recognized blue-chip organization.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Solid overall sales background in the five star luxury hotel industry including a good understanding of all key segments
About the Benefits
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract
The company was founded in 1997 and currently operates 20 hotels in 7 countries. Jumeirah’s promise of STAY DIFFERENT™ delivers imaginative and exhilarating experiences in culturally connected environments offering a thoughtful and generous service.
In line with this promise, the individuality of the Jumeirah portfolio is unmistakable, encompassing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; the world renowned Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s most luxurious hotel and recognised as the symbol of Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London.
Jumeirah Group also manages two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living in London; Talise, our spa brand; Jumeirah Restaurants, our restaurant division; the thrilling Wild Wadi Waterpark; and the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
Whenever you stay with us or use any of our services, our aim is for you to come away with a sense of the Jumeirah spirit - a genuinely caring and personal service. In our own words, to STAY DIFFERENT™.