About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
Jumeirah Zabeel Saray is a luxurious beachside resort located on the west crescent of the iconic Palm Jumeirah in Dubai. The interior of the resort is inspired by the ancient palaces of Turkey and features hand-painted finishings, Turkish artworks and stunning murals inspired by the Golden Age of the Ottoman Empire. The resort offers 405 rooms and suites, 38 Royal Residences and the award-winning Talise Ottoman Spa, one of the largest and most luxurious spas in the Middle East. The resort offers Sinbad’s Kids Club complete with splash park, nightlife destination MusicHall and a collection of eight diverse restaurants which offer a vibrant selection of culinary experiences. The resort also offers motorised and non-motorised water sports, complete with private jetty offering shuttle boat transfers to and from the main-land of Dubai.
About the Job:
An opportunity has a risen for a colleague to join our Culinary team in Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, as a Executive Sous Chef. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Assist the Resort Executive Chef in the operation and administration, and has overall responsibility in the absence of the Resort Executive Chef in planning, organizing, and managing all activities within the Food preparation areas of designated property.
- Efficient and diplomatic in all situations involving any aspect of Food and Beverage where the reputation of the hotel is represented.
- To have a complete understanding of and adhere to the company’s policy relating to “What we expect” policies in our Navigator Handbook.
- Formulate and continually upgrade a Departmental Operations manual, detailing standards of performance, policies and procedures and service standards pertinent to the efficient operation of the outlet in accordance with the hotel policy.
- Interact with management of other departments within areas of responsibility and to develop solid working relationships with them.
- Assist in planning of menus and designing standard recipes in order to ensure consistent quality in food production, thereby satisfying guest needs and expectations.
- Liaise with materials to ensure prompt and efficient purchasing, issuing of supplies, stock control and inventory control.
- Liaise with back of the house manager from stewarding department in order to ensure adequate supply of equipment and toe establish standards of hygiene and cleanliness for all kitchen areas.
- Identify market needs and trends in terms of food for both hotel guests and local markets.
- Provide management with creative ideas to project and enhance the image of Jumeirah Zabeel Saray.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management.
- To assist the Executive Chef in all administrative tasks.
Ensure that all the required food transfer are completed to the appropriate outlet / department .
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Diploma or Equivalent in Catering / Hotel Management.
- Minimum 10 years of International experience in a five star hotel and restaurants.
- Experience running large multi-outlet venue.
- IT skills in Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively with large teams and disseminate relevant information to related parties.
- Ability to perform all tasks on MS Office applications.
- Ability to develop and create.
- Standardised recipes / menus
- Ability to plan and implement food promotions
About the benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight tickets allowance, medical and dental coverage, pension, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates. Married colleagues will enjoy family benefits for up to two children which include education assistance.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- F&B kitchen, Bakery/Pastry
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract
The company was founded in 1997 and currently operates 20 hotels in 7 countries. Jumeirah’s promise of STAY DIFFERENT™ delivers imaginative and exhilarating experiences in culturally connected environments offering a thoughtful and generous service.
In line with this promise, the individuality of the Jumeirah portfolio is unmistakable, encompassing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; the world renowned Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s most luxurious hotel and recognised as the symbol of Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London.
Jumeirah Group also manages two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living in London; Talise, our spa brand; Jumeirah Restaurants, our restaurant division; the thrilling Wild Wadi Waterpark; and the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
Whenever you stay with us or use any of our services, our aim is for you to come away with a sense of the Jumeirah spirit - a genuinely caring and personal service. In our own words, to STAY DIFFERENT™.