At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly talented and experienced Hospitality professional to join the Finance Team at Jumeirah. The main purpose of the role is to assist the Director of Finance in administrating all financial aspects of the Hotel’s operation in accordance with the hotel’s policies and procedures and supervise the day to day operation of the Finance Department in a timely and efficient manner.
- Managing the company’s cash flow ensuring that all suppliers are paid in a fair and timely manner
- Being able to reconcile the bank balances ensuring that money is collected effectively
- Representing and abiding by all Health and Safety regulation and follow up on any issues accordingly.
- Assisting the Payroll and HR teams in processing the hotel’s payroll in a timely manner while embodying the company’s best practices and directives
- Assisting the Director of Finance in managing the Budget process, identifying opportunities and threats to the company’s success.
- Understanding and managing the forecast process during the absence of the Director of Finance ensuring that the communicated results are as accurate as possible and reflect the financial activity of the hotel.
- Pro-actively explore new solutions to enhance the company’s standards
- Acting in accordance with Jumeirah’s policies and procedures, and Guiding Principles.
- Assisting the Director of Finance in organizing and managing the month-end process in a timely manner and providing perfect accuracy in the reporting of the hotel’s results.
In order to be considered for this role, you must be a Bachelor’s degree or a Finance qualification such as ACCA, CIMA, or CMA.
You will have at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role in a 5 star hotel brand.
It is essential that you have good command of the English language (spoken and written) and you should be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
About the Benefits
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; housing allowance, medical and dental coverage, pension, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off property F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates. Married colleagues will enjoy family benefits for up to two children which include education assistance.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
The company was founded in 1997 and currently operates 20 hotels in 7 countries. Jumeirah’s promise of STAY DIFFERENT™ delivers imaginative and exhilarating experiences in culturally connected environments offering a thoughtful and generous service.
In line with this promise, the individuality of the Jumeirah portfolio is unmistakable, encompassing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; the world renowned Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s most luxurious hotel and recognised as the symbol of Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London.
Jumeirah Group also manages two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living in London; Talise, our spa brand; Jumeirah Restaurants, our restaurant division; the thrilling Wild Wadi Waterpark; and the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
Whenever you stay with us or use any of our services, our aim is for you to come away with a sense of the Jumeirah spirit - a genuinely caring and personal service. In our own words, to STAY DIFFERENT™.