About Jumeirah and the Hotel:
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
Jumeirah Zabeel Saray is a luxurious beachside resort located on the west crescent of the iconic Palm Jumeirah in Dubai. The interior of the resort is inspired by the ancient palaces of Turkey and features hand-painted finishings, Turkish artworks and stunning murals inspired by the Golden Age of the Ottoman Empire. The resort offers 405 rooms and suites, 38 Royal Residences and the award-winning Talise Ottoman Spa, one of the largest and most luxurious spas in the Middle East. The resort offers Sinbad’s Kids Club complete with splash park, nightlife destination MusicHall and a collection of eight diverse restaurants which offer a vibrant selection of culinary experiences. The resort also offers motorised and non-motorised water sports, complete with private jetty offering shuttle boat transfers to and from the main-land of Dubai.
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for a Food and Beverage Manager to join our team in Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
• Involvement in Service and Guest Contact
• Assists in the co-ordination of organizational and administrative functions in all areas of the Food and Beverage Department
• Assists in planning and implementing programs, policies and procedures to ensure that service standards are met
• Budgeting and Cost Control
• To ensure that the Departmental Objectives are cascaded to the colleagues.
• Carries out assignments and instructions as delegated by the Director of F&B ensuring that all company and Hotel Policies and Procedures and minimum standards are adhered to at all times
• Assists in the co-ordination of special promotions and provides administrative support necessary
• Interacts with management of other department within areas of responsibility and develops solid working relationships with them
• To follow up and at times initiate maintenance orders and purchase requests
• Attend the Food and Beverage department briefings & monthly meetings to review the events and any other matters that need to be communicated to the departmental colleagues
• Participates in public relations activities, sales calls or other promotional activities designed at enhancing the Image and profitability of the hotel
• Provides creative ideas to project and enhance the Image of the hotel
• Assists in the development of ideas and the increased department sales of Food and Beverage to improve productivity
• To assist identifying market changes which will improve business levels from hotel guests and the local market
• To assist in monitoring and analyzing the activities and trends of competitive restaurants, bars & hotels
• To assist in developing the Outlet Manager’s awareness of market changes and trends; ensure that the product reflects these
• To assist each Outlet Manager in the planning and implementation of effective sales and promotional activities to ensure maximum revenues
• Acts as Senior Manager on Duty for the hotel as scheduled.
• Assist Outlet Managers to monitor their tasks and objectives.
• Assists in the building of an efficient team of employees, by taking an active interest in their training, development, safety and welfare
• Identify training needs and coordinate requirements
• Participates in training and development programs to improve personal or departmental standards liaising with the Training Manager
• To assist in Training and development of Outlet Managers so that they are able to operate independently with their own profit centre
• Carries out an efficient leadership style using appraisals and performance management as main tools
• Continuous check of Outlet DPP plans
• Deputises in the absence of the Director of Food and Beverage.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
Hotel School Degree or equivalent
A total of 4 –7 years food and beverage experience
Ability to handle large restaurants and guest volume on a daily basis.
Competent with use of MS Office
Fluent in spoken and written business English.
Effective social and interpersonal skills, relationship builder
Strong employee relations skills
Clam under pressure
Effective decision maker
Able to multitask
About the Benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight tickets allowance, medical and dental coverage, pension, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates. Married colleagues will enjoy family benefits for up to two children which include education assistance.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Management, F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
The company was founded in 1997 and currently operates 20 hotels in 7 countries. Jumeirah’s promise of STAY DIFFERENT™ delivers imaginative and exhilarating experiences in culturally connected environments offering a thoughtful and generous service.
In line with this promise, the individuality of the Jumeirah portfolio is unmistakable, encompassing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; the world renowned Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s most luxurious hotel and recognised as the symbol of Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London.
Jumeirah Group also manages two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living in London; Talise, our spa brand; Jumeirah Restaurants, our restaurant division; the thrilling Wild Wadi Waterpark; and the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
Whenever you stay with us or use any of our services, our aim is for you to come away with a sense of the Jumeirah spirit - a genuinely caring and personal service. In our own words, to STAY DIFFERENT™.