- Develop and manage the commercial and operational strategy for the hotel to drive optimal performance and achieve financial and other business targets. Ensure that annual business plans and targets are documented and well-communicated.
- Maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders, including owners, Jumeirah Group management, customers and suppliers.
- Ensure that annual hotel sales and marketing plans are developed, implemented and monitored, and that they deliver required results.
- Fully understand the market needs for the hotel. Review industry and other relevant trends to identify potential areas for improvement, innovation or differentiation.
- Analyse revenue generation trends of the hotel to identify critical areas for revenue generation enhancement.
- Participate in sales activities in key markets; represent the hotel in the media and at relevant functions to improve market position.
- Actively drive corporate social responsibility initiatives within local communities and the region.
- Establish clear accountabilities for profit and growth with all operational teams, and contributions in expense management for all support functions.
- Ensure the hotel management team maximises productivity and efficiencies, following company guidelines and complying with local legislation.
- Monitor hotel performance, participate in regular financial and business review meetings and agree any corrective measures, where required. Present appropriate information to owners and/or their representatives.
- Ensure effective financial control and reporting measures are implemented, (including accurate forecasting), complying with Jumeirah finance directives.
- Regularly and personally verify that guests are receiving personalised, thoughtful and generous service.
- Use guest, stakeholder and colleague feedback to make recommendations for improvements that drive performance and enhance the guest experience.
- Ensure that the assets of the Company/Owner are maintained properly and meet Jumeirah brand standards, implementing effective preventative maintenance programmes and initiating appropriate capital expenditure projects in a timely manner.
- Conduct frequent and thorough inspections of the different hotel operations to ensure they are well-managed and optimise capabilities and resources.
- Act as a role model for all colleagues, clearly demonstrating the Jumeirah hallmarks, guiding principles and leadership competencies, and ensuring they are embedded throughout the hotel.
- Lead, develop and inspire the hotel management team, encouraging accountability for team and individual performance.
- Actively participate in recruitment, succession planning and talent development for the hotel management team to ensure the Jumeirah culture and brand promise are supported.
- Ensure learning and development opportunities are provided for all colleagues, to develop capability and skills and to support colleague growth.
- Drive a recognition culture through appropriate celebratory events, teambuilding, and recognition initiatives, and foster diversity, cultural and social awareness.
- Support localization programmes and ensure national colleagues are given the opportunity to learn and grow.
- Ensure the hotel complies with all applicable regulations and legislation, including Health, Safety & Hygiene, employment legislation and financial reporting. Support internal and external audit teams to ensure risks are identified and controlled effectively.
- Ensure that crisis management and continuity of business plans are well-developed and well-managed, and that colleagues are fully briefed and aware of their responsibilities.
- Must have a University Degree
- In order to be considered for this role, you should have minimum of 2 years experience as a General Manager at a 5 star luxury property in addition to at least 5 years Executive Management experience at a 5 star luxury property.
- Candidates must have had working experience in China, ideally at General Manager level
- Must have pre-opening experience.
- You will have strong knowledge of relevant Leisure / Corporate / Groups / MICE customer segments and key markets.
- You must have proven all round operational hotel experience and be able to demonstrate commercial acumen and strategic focus. You should be able to influence, negotiate and build relationships with key stakeholders. A suitable candidate will possess strong knowledge and proven record of Sales & Marketing and Revenue Management and will have pre-opening experience.
- It is essential that you have strong communication and influencing skills and be able to lead, develop and motivate colleagues at all levels and from diverse backgrounds.
- Candidates who can speak Mandarin will be highly regarded.
IMPORTANT: Please note that applications that don't have ALL the mentioned requirements will not be considered.
- Job type
- Xuanwu Qu, Nanjing Shi, China
- Management, Administration & General, Revenue Management, Sales & Marketing, Other
- English, Mandarin (optional)
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
The company was founded in 1997 and currently operates 20 hotels in 7 countries. Jumeirah’s promise of STAY DIFFERENT™ delivers imaginative and exhilarating experiences in culturally connected environments offering a thoughtful and generous service.
In line with this promise, the individuality of the Jumeirah portfolio is unmistakable, encompassing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; the world renowned Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s most luxurious hotel and recognised as the symbol of Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London.
Jumeirah Group also manages two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living in London; Talise, our spa brand; Jumeirah Restaurants, our restaurant division; the thrilling Wild Wadi Waterpark; and the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
Whenever you stay with us or use any of our services, our aim is for you to come away with a sense of the Jumeirah spirit - a genuinely caring and personal service. In our own words, to STAY DIFFERENT™.