About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
Jumeirah Zabeel Saray is a luxurious beachside resort located on the west crescent of the iconic Palm Jumeirah in Dubai. The interior of the resort is inspired by the ancient palaces of Turkey and features hand-painted finishings, Turkish artworks and stunning murals inspired by the Golden Age of the Ottoman Empire. The resort offers 405 rooms and suites, 38 Royal Residences and the award-winning Talise Ottoman Spa, one of the largest and most luxurious spas in the Middle East. The resort offers Sinbad’s Kids Club complete with splash park, nightlife destination MusicHall and a collection of eight diverse restaurants which offer a vibrant selection of culinary experiences. The resort also offers motorised and non-motorised water sports, complete with private jetty offering shuttle boat transfers to and from the main-land of Dubai.
About the Job:
An opportunity has a risen for a colleague to join our team in Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, for a temporary taskforce placement. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
• Give a warm welcome to guests on arrival and register them as well as issuing room keys in the appropriate welcome booklet.
• Take payment from guests on departure and close their bills correctly.
• Be efficient in assisting guests throughout their stay with any requirements.
• Sell rooms to walk-in guests at the maximum rate possible.
• Ensures that the Guest Services desk is manned, operationally prepared and stocked at all times.
• Maintains the privacy of all guests by ensuring that no details of the guests are disclosed to anybody.
• Update all information given by guests on the Registration Card on check-in into the Opera system making sure that all required information has been provided.
• File all Registration Cards and dockets for in-house guests in appropriate buckets and perform regular bucket-checks.
• Neatly file registration cards of departed guests by date and in alphabetical order.
• Scan the passport of every guest on arrival and save the data correctly for the CID Report.
• Carry out a Routing Instruction Report regularly and ensure that all required back-up is attached the Registration Cards neatly.
• Attend the daily handover briefing at the beginning of each shift.
• Identify and anticipate guest’s needs and assist in any possible way, keeping in mind Hallmark no. 2, ‘My first response to a guest will never be “no”
• Maintaining and handling of cash float.
• Prepare registration cards for the next day’s arrivals.
• Conduct check-in and check-outs with accordance to procedure.
• Escort the guest directly to the room/suite after proceeding with the check-in formalities.
• Ensure the luggage is sent up promptly to the room.
• Check departures for the day and the following day, update departure times.
• To promptly and accurately file the updated registration cards of arrived guests, once checked by the Reception.
• Comply with Guest Services Standard Operating Procedures.
• Open safe deposit boxes for guests ensuring that details and signatures on the record card are completed and correct.
• Check and action traces in Opera on arrival and departure as well as setting traces sensibly at all times.
• Assist the CID Clerk with entering the data in the computer system whenever required.
• Assist Guest Relations with escorting guests to their rooms on arrival, explaining all the features and facilities.
• Work towards maximizing room revenue by up-selling to a higher rate category and selling the highest possible rates for walk-in guests.
• Take advance payment guarantee on check-in for all guests according to the Resort’s Credit Policy.
• Carry out a Credit Check Report on each shift ensuring that all in-house rooms have sufficient credit.
• Carry out cashiering duties like foreign currency exchange, paid-outs etc.
• Close their individual cashier audit at the end of each shift ensuring that all details balance.
• Maintain their cash float, take full responsibility for it ensuring that it is balanced at all times.
• Minimize rebates and ensure that they all have sufficient justification, back-up and signatures.
• Perform any related duties and special projects as requested by the Front Office Manager/Assistant Front Office Manager/Team Leader.
• Adhere to Jumeirah International’s Guiding Principles and Hallmarks.
• Comply with the Resort’s health, safety and hygiene procedures and products.
• Be aware of the Resort’s fire and emergency procedure.
Customer Service Orientation (Internal & External)
• Proactively assists customers
• Takes responsibility for identifying and meeting customer needs
• Takes ownership and follows through customer requests
• Greets the guest before the guest greets them
• Never say No to the guests
Appearance & Presentation
• Uses positive body language
• Personal presentation reflects positive & professional image
• Adheres to company and departmental grooming standards
• Seeks first to understand & then to be understood
• Listens actively and process information before responding
• Communicates verbally in clear and concise manner using English
• Written communication skill is appropriate for the needs of position
• Follows standard operating procedures and policies
• Accepts direction willingly and supports manager’s decision
• Keeps work area clean and organized
• Follows safe and healthy work practices
Decision – Making / Problem Solving
• Proactively identifies and willingly accepts responsibility for solving problems
• Thinks creatively to identify solutions
• Offers alternatives where appropriate
• Is honest and sincere in dealings with customers and colleagues
• Treats all colleagues and customers with respect and does not discriminate against others
• Says what they mean and means what they say
• Works positively with others and contributes actively to promote a healthy team spirit
• Assists others willingly
• Values differences within the team.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
• Completed Secondary School Education
• Basic knowledge of mathematics (incl. Percentage calculations)
• Able to communicate effectively and to respond well (switched on) to questions and requests
• Well groomed/presented
• Enthusiastic and eager
• Able to work in a team, i.e. caring about other team members and open towards other nationalities
• Should be able to quickly learn and adapt to a new work environment
• Additional Language would be of advantage: Arabic, Russian or European language
• Previous Hotel Experience (through studies or work experience) in a 5 star hotel
• Some Computer Knowledge, i.e. basic experience with windows, internet explorer and word
• Previous Front Office Experience
• Previous Experience in Fidelio/Opera
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
About the benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes: fully furnished shared accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, flight allowance every 2 years, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Front Office concierge, Front Office reception, Reservations, Guest Relations, Customer Service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
The company was founded in 1997 and currently operates 20 hotels in 7 countries. Jumeirah’s promise of STAY DIFFERENT™ delivers imaginative and exhilarating experiences in culturally connected environments offering a thoughtful and generous service.
In line with this promise, the individuality of the Jumeirah portfolio is unmistakable, encompassing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; the world renowned Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s most luxurious hotel and recognised as the symbol of Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London.
Jumeirah Group also manages two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living in London; Talise, our spa brand; Jumeirah Restaurants, our restaurant division; the thrilling Wild Wadi Waterpark; and the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
Whenever you stay with us or use any of our services, our aim is for you to come away with a sense of the Jumeirah spirit - a genuinely caring and personal service. In our own words, to STAY DIFFERENT™.