About Jumeirah and Madinat Jumeirah Resort
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
Madinat Jumeirah – The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai’s heritage. The resort comprises of three grand boutique hotels: Jumeirah Mina A’Salam, Jumeirah Al Qasr, Jumeirah Al Naseem and a collection of 29 traditional summer houses known as Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf. In addition, there’s seven exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 50 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, a leading conference and banqueting centre, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa and the Talise Fitness health club.
About the Role
An opportunity has arisen for a Guest Services Executive to join Front Office department in Jumeirah pre-opening hotel. The main duties and responsibilities of this role
Your main duties will include the following:
- Make sure that all arrival guests are served refreshments on arrival.
- Escort the guest and provide a Room Orientation to every arriving guest following the Jumeirah hallmarks and luxury standards.
- Complete all individual personalized check ins and check outs.
- Perform Front Desk Cashiering duties.
- Completing Registration cards & Follow ups on the guest payments.
- Answering and distributing all Telephonic/Fax or Emails of in-house guest or incoming guests.
- Assist Other Hotel Front office Operation (Club Executive/Premium Leisure/Concierge/Telephones/Business Centre/Data Entry etc.) whenever required.
- Adhere to applicable policies and step by step procedures, particularly pertaining to payments, cash Handling and credit policies.
- Attend trainings as per the departmental training plan.
- Work to achieve the departments objectives in order to achieve targets and KPI’s (Sirius/Up selling etc.)
- To be ready to work willingly to any assignment given.
- Assist the guest in the lobby area, responding to any inquiry from the guest.
About the benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; fully furnished shared accommodation, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, bi-annual flight allowance, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- A minimum of 2 years Guest Service Executive experience or similar role in a 5 star hotel reception.
- Secondary school certificate/diploma or degree in hospitality management
- Good knowledge in OPERA (PMS) is essential
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Outgoing personality with ability to communicate with guests and colleagues
- Excellent English communication skills
- Additional language is an added value
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Front Office concierge, Front Office porter, Front Office reception, Guest Relations, Customer Service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
The company was founded in 1997 and currently operates 20 hotels in 7 countries. Jumeirah’s promise of STAY DIFFERENT™ delivers imaginative and exhilarating experiences in culturally connected environments offering a thoughtful and generous service.
In line with this promise, the individuality of the Jumeirah portfolio is unmistakable, encompassing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; the world renowned Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s most luxurious hotel and recognised as the symbol of Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London.
Jumeirah Group also manages two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living in London; Talise, our spa brand; Jumeirah Restaurants, our restaurant division; the thrilling Wild Wadi Waterpark; and the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
Whenever you stay with us or use any of our services, our aim is for you to come away with a sense of the Jumeirah spirit - a genuinely caring and personal service. In our own words, to STAY DIFFERENT™.