About Jumeirah and Burj Al Arab:
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Burj Al Arab is managed by Jumeirah Group, the global luxury hospitality company and a member of Dubai Holding. Burj Al Arab is designed to resemble a billowing sail and stands at a height of 321 meters. It is one of the most Photographed structures in the world and has been consistently voted the world's most luxurious hotel, with features including in suite check-in and check-out reception desks on every floor, round-the-clock private butlers and use of the hotel's Rolls-Royce fleet. the hotel's 202 luxury suites range from 170 to 780 square meters with a rain shower and a Jacuzzi in each suite, as well as six restaurants and conference and banqueting Venues.
About the role:
It is the responsibility of the Head Chef to ensure that the kitchen runs smoothly, efficiently and cost effectively. The Head Chef requires good leadership qualities, organizational and has administrative talent which they will be held fully responsible for their outlet operation. To produce food that is of high quality and standard. Also the Head Chef will be held accountable for his food cost.
- To ensure that the kitchen operation runs smoothly and effectively.
- To assist the Executive Chef & Executive Sous Chef in minimizing payroll costs by maximizing the productivity and efficient scheduling of employees
- To ensure that all reports, schedules, standard recipes, menus, food presentation photographs and correspondence are completed in liaison with the Executive Chef in an accurate and punctual manner.
- To develop menus and "specials" which meet the needs of the target market and are in line with the operating concept for the restaurant.
- To develop menus and set standard recipes (as per SOPs) which allow the restaurants to run at an acceptable food cost, thereby satisfying guest needs and expectations.
- To have a complete understanding of, and adhere to the company’s policy relating to fire, hygiene and safety.
- To ensure that operating and kitchen equipment is maintained to a good standard with minimum breakage.
- Check incoming produce, ensuring that all food merchandise is in accordance with order sheets, receiving records and purchasing specifications.
- To maximize colleague productivity and morale and consistently maintain discipline following hotel guidelines and local legislation.
- To liaise with the Stewarding Manager in order to ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the kitchen, such as machinery, small Kitchen equipment, floors and fridges.
- Another important role for the Head Chef is to ensure that colleagues follow strict hygiene rules and maintain what we have already achieved with HACCP throughout the hotel.
- Responsible for the audit requirements for HACCP and Dubai Municipality as needed.
- Assists in the building of an efficient team of colleagues by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety, training and development.
- Interacts with management of other departments within areas of responsibility and develops solid working relationships with them.
The company was founded in 1997 and currently operates 20 hotels in 7 countries. Jumeirah’s promise of STAY DIFFERENT™ delivers imaginative and exhilarating experiences in culturally connected environments offering a thoughtful and generous service.
In line with this promise, the individuality of the Jumeirah portfolio is unmistakable, encompassing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; the world renowned Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s most luxurious hotel and recognised as the symbol of Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London.
Jumeirah Group also manages two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living in London; Talise, our spa brand; Jumeirah Restaurants, our restaurant division; the thrilling Wild Wadi Waterpark; and the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
Whenever you stay with us or use any of our services, our aim is for you to come away with a sense of the Jumeirah spirit - a genuinely caring and personal service. In our own words, to STAY DIFFERENT™.