About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
Jumeirah Zabeel Saray is a luxurious beachside resort located on the west crescent of the iconic Palm Jumeirah in Dubai. The interior of the resort is inspired by the ancient palaces of Turkey and features hand-painted finishings, Turkish artworks and stunning murals inspired by the Golden Age of the Ottoman Empire. The resort offers 405 rooms and suites, 38 Royal Residences and the award-winning Talise Ottoman Spa, one of the largest and most luxurious spas in the Middle East. The resort offers Sinbad’s Kids Club complete with splash park, nightlife destination MusicHall and a collection of eight diverse restaurants which offer a vibrant selection of culinary experiences. The resort also offers motorised and non-motorised water sports, complete with private jetty offering shuttle boat transfers to and from the main-land of Dubai.
About the Job:
An opportunity has a risen for a colleague to join our Housekeeping team in Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, for as a Manager. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
• Ensures that all activities adhere to and support the Jumeirah international Quality Management System.
• To replace the Executive Housekeeper in her absence taking the responsibility for the Department and colleagues.
• To liaise and cooperates with other departments to ensure requirements and standards are achieved.
• To control the daily housekeeping operation in an effective manner to give the best service to the guests according to the standards established.
• To maintain and control costs of guest suppliers, cleaning supplies, and manning hours in order to achieve monthly forecasted expenses.
• To train with the Housekeeping trainers the colleagues to the required standards as established by the hotel.
• To check VIP rooms prior to the guest’s arrival and during their stay.
• To check daily occupied and vacant rooms to ensure that the required standards are maintained.
• To ensure that Public Areas and F&B outlets are clean and well maintained by continuous checking and liaising with the outside contractors and the Engineering Department.
• To plan an follow up on general cleaning, window cleaning, carpet shampoo according to the occupancy.
• To make sure that the key check is done at the end of each shift according to the policy established.
• To ensure that Housekeeping colleagues are wearing the proper clean uniforms with their badges and are following good hygiene habits.
• To ensure that all colleagues have complete understanding of and adhere to the hotel’s rules and regulations.
• Assists in the administrative aspects of the Department ensuring that necessary clear and concise records are maintained.
• To liaise closely with Front Office to make sure that rooms requested are ready for the guests prior to arrival.
• To liaise closely with the Engineering department with room maintenance program, ensuring that the percentage of rooms are given daily for checking and remedial maintenance.
• To conduct employee evaluations for all Housekeeping colleagues to review their general performance, discuss existing performance and areas of improvements by conducting probationary, mid-year and yearly appraisals.
• To ensure that colleagues are given proper awareness training as to the Quality Policy, Vision, Mission statement and Hallmarks.
• To monitor the monthly CSI results and maintaining positive feedback by consistently providing quality service to the guests.
• Performs all other related duties as required or requested by Management.
• Assists in all the administrative aspects of the department ensuring that necessary clear and concise records are maintained.
• Liaises with Front Office to make sure that rooms requested are ready for the guests prior to their arrival.
• Liaises with the Engineering Department to conduct the room’s maintenance program ensuring the percentage of room is given daily for checking and preventive maintenance.
• Liaises with F&B and C&E for special requirements.
• Ensures Department Plan is updated and adhered to.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
• Minimum of 5 years work experience at a luxury hotel
• Minimum of 3 years work experience as an Assistant Executive Housekeeper or Housekeeping Manager at a luxury hotel with high volume
• Thorough knowledge of Housekeeping processes and procedures
• Experience in managing outsourced labor
• Experience working in Middle East
• Eye for detail
• High level of customer service orientation
• Very good knowledge of HACCP and Health and Safety standards and regulations
• Microsoft Office Applications
• High level of written and verbal business English
• Diploma or Courses in Hotel Management or a related field
• Group Trainer certificate
• Arabic Speaker Desirable
• Experience in working in a resort style operation
• Refurbishment experience in a similar operation
• Demonstrate the ability to acquire attributes such as leadership, problem solving, training and developing subordinates, goal setting and goal oriented
About the benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight tickets allowance, medical and dental coverage, pension, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates. Married colleagues will enjoy family benefits for up to two children which include education assistance.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Management, Housekeeping
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration
The company was founded in 1997 and currently operates 20 hotels in 7 countries. Jumeirah’s promise of STAY DIFFERENT™ delivers imaginative and exhilarating experiences in culturally connected environments offering a thoughtful and generous service.
In line with this promise, the individuality of the Jumeirah portfolio is unmistakable, encompassing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; the world renowned Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s most luxurious hotel and recognised as the symbol of Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London.
Jumeirah Group also manages two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living in London; Talise, our spa brand; Jumeirah Restaurants, our restaurant division; the thrilling Wild Wadi Waterpark; and the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
Whenever you stay with us or use any of our services, our aim is for you to come away with a sense of the Jumeirah spirit - a genuinely caring and personal service. In our own words, to STAY DIFFERENT™.