At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
A landmark property for the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, Jumeirah at Saadiyat Island Resort opened in November of 2018, the resort offers 296 rooms, suites and duplex villas facing the sea, showcasing views from either a private balcony or garden access room, with an extended patio and outdoor space. This luxury beach front resort embodies the beauty of the ocean - the stylish contemporary architecture is decorated with marine themed touches that bring the outside world to life. Home to eight dining venues, Jumeirah at Saadiyat Island Resort has plenty of dining options including an all-day dining venue, two signature restaurants, a lobby lounge and bar, a pool and beach bar and a sports lounge. Guests are welcome to explore the 400 meter public beach and three swimming pools.
An opportunity has arisen for a Learning and Development Assistant Manager to join the Human Resources Department in Jumeirah at Saadiyat Island Resort. The main duties and responsibilities of this role are:
- Evaluate operations in order to identify training needs.
- Develop training sessions that satisfy identified operational needs and evaluate such training through detailed follow up.
- Carry out effective training on a range of subjects, ensuring that such training is adapted to meet the individual needs of participants and can be applied on the job.
- Audit and follow-up departmental training records.
- Ensure that proper evaluation is regularly carried out of training courses held within Jumeirah at Saadiyat Island Resort to assist in tracking of course effectiveness.
- Regularly monitor the effectiveness of departmental training and departmental Trainers with the Learning and Development Team.
- Conduct hotel orientation for new joining colleagues upon their arrival and induction into the hotel.
- Ensure the professional and timely communication of Training information to relevant colleagues.
- Responsible for the supervision and performance management of the Learning and Development department
- Create customized training programs as per the business needs
- To facilitate National Development trainings and workshops and provide consultation to the management
- To oversee and support the Human Resources Manager in the appraisal and Individual development bi annual audits
- Must be able to take on multiple projects whilst handling the daily tasks.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- 5 to 6 years’ experience in a similar role
- Relevant certifications
- Excellent communication and training skills
- Numerical and psychometric capabilities
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, accommodation, life insurance, functional incentives and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.
The company was founded in 1997 and currently operates 20 hotels in 7 countries. Jumeirah’s promise of STAY DIFFERENT™ delivers imaginative and exhilarating experiences in culturally connected environments offering a thoughtful and generous service.
In line with this promise, the individuality of the Jumeirah portfolio is unmistakable, encompassing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; the world renowned Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s most luxurious hotel and recognised as the symbol of Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London.
Jumeirah Group also manages two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living in London; Talise, our spa brand; Jumeirah Restaurants, our restaurant division; the thrilling Wild Wadi Waterpark; and the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
Whenever you stay with us or use any of our services, our aim is for you to come away with a sense of the Jumeirah spirit - a genuinely caring and personal service. In our own words, to STAY DIFFERENT™.