About Jumeirah and Jumeirah at Etihad Towers:
Supervises and directs the daily activities of all Engineering Department supervisors, team leaders and technical staffs.
Observes activities to ensure adherence to policies and operating procedures.
Check on completed repair and maintenance works to ensure that established standards have been met.
Assists in the implementation, co-ordination and monitoring of the JEMS (Jumeirah Engineering Management System .This will include the Fire, Life and Safety Matrix, PPM and Work Order Systems).
- Handles grievances, suggestions and complaints by colleagues and recommends appropriate action to the Director of Engineering/Chief Engineer.
- Submits a comprehensive monthly report to the Director of Engineering/Chief Engineer on activities carried out for the month (if required).
- Manages supervisors, team leaders and technicians according to operation requirements.
- Roster subordinates to ensure adequate cover to perform and support the operation.
- Liaise and communicate engineering activities to other departments.
- Inspect and meet with suppliers to ensure work is completed on time and to Jumeirah standards.
- Approves work permits to contractors in receipt of proper method statement from contractors.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
Mechanical and Electrical diploma or equivalent
2 years formal training
Minimum of 5 years in Five Star Hotel Environment
5 years supervisory experience in a similar position
Good verbal and written English skills
Good communication skills
Knowledge of High rise buildings
About the Benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; your own single room accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your work of place in company provided accommodation, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, annual flight allowance, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduces hotel rates.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Al Khubeirah, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Engineering & Maintenance, Management
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
The company was founded in 1997 and currently operates 20 hotels in 7 countries. Jumeirah’s promise of STAY DIFFERENT™ delivers imaginative and exhilarating experiences in culturally connected environments offering a thoughtful and generous service.
In line with this promise, the individuality of the Jumeirah portfolio is unmistakable, encompassing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; the world renowned Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s most luxurious hotel and recognised as the symbol of Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London.
Jumeirah Group also manages two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living in London; Talise, our spa brand; Jumeirah Restaurants, our restaurant division; the thrilling Wild Wadi Waterpark; and the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
Whenever you stay with us or use any of our services, our aim is for you to come away with a sense of the Jumeirah spirit - a genuinely caring and personal service. In our own words, to STAY DIFFERENT™.