At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
Set on a private beach, Madinat Jumeirah resort is an authentic recreation of ancient Arabia, capturing the natural beauty of the region. Madinat Jumeirah features two grand boutique hotels, Al Qasr and Mina A’ Salam, accommodation in 29 traditional summer houses in Dar Al Masyaf, conference and banqueting facilities including two grand ballrooms, a 1000-seat amphitheatre and the region’s only dedicated entertainment centre and multi-purpose venue, Madinat Arena. The facilities are interconnected by 3km of waterways and landscaped gardens.
About the role:
An exciting role has arisen for a Paramedic to join Madinat Jumeirah Paramedics team.
The main purpose of this position is to assist Paramedics’ primary responsibility is to provide immediate care and treatment to guests and colleagues who require medical attention in accordance with their medical training.
Conditions of Work
Stipulated by the U.A.E. labour law and company’s Health and Safety regulations. Madinat Jumeirah paramedics will work in the clinic and will always follow the medical protocols as stipulated by their profession and ensure the appropriate safety clothing is worn and safety procedures followed in their department.
• Provide rapid intervention and management in the event of emergencies.
• Provide emergency medical care within the Madinat Jumeirah Resort and immediate surroundings.
• Provide primary and ongoing health care.
• Makes sure that treatment area is a sterile environment. i.e.: All equipment that has been sterilised is dry and in the proper place. Emergency trolley is fully stocked and clinic is clean and tidy.
• Checks all equipment and make sure that it is all in good working order and ready at all times.
• Checks oxygen and safety equipment.
• Follows medical waste procedures as stated in SOP.
• Contacts security supervisor for any accidents or for off-site referral.
• Informs security Director/Manager if a potential safety hazard has been identified.
• Receives and stores all delivered medical equipment.
• Makes sure all records/paperwork are maintained and up to date.
• To assist with the implementation and maintenance of the Madinat Jumeirah Emergency Evacuation and Operations Plan, with specific reference to sections pertaining to evacuation, triage, first aid, and the role carried out by the Paramedics.
• To clearly and accurately communicate relevant information regarding patient condition and care on referral of a patient for definitive care.
• Be aware of the Quality Management System and the Quality Policy of Jumeirah.
• Identifies safety needs and takes steps to prevent illness/injury from occurring in the future with guests and colleagues.
• Keeps informed on all relevant issues pertaining to Emergency Medical Care Informs security Director/Manager if a potential safety hazard has been identified.
• Attend any training, workshops or meetings as requested by Director of Security.
To be considered for this role, you will need a foundation degree, diploma of higher education (DipHE) or degree in paramedic science, Certified EMT.
A minimum of 3 years of experience as Paramedic in a five-star hotel. As well as possessing the appropriate technical skills, you will have a passion for and a proven track record of producing the highest quality work.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which include: one bedroom accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, annual flight allowance, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Security, Other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration
The company was founded in 1997 and currently operates 20 hotels in 7 countries. Jumeirah’s promise of STAY DIFFERENT™ delivers imaginative and exhilarating experiences in culturally connected environments offering a thoughtful and generous service.
In line with this promise, the individuality of the Jumeirah portfolio is unmistakable, encompassing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; the world renowned Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s most luxurious hotel and recognised as the symbol of Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London.
Jumeirah Group also manages two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living in London; Talise, our spa brand; Jumeirah Restaurants, our restaurant division; the thrilling Wild Wadi Waterpark; and the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
Whenever you stay with us or use any of our services, our aim is for you to come away with a sense of the Jumeirah spirit - a genuinely caring and personal service. In our own words, to STAY DIFFERENT™.