Grosvenor House Suites is the newest luxury establishment on Park Lane, offering residences that combine the best of five star service with the privacy and discretion of having one’s own Mayfair property. Managed by Jumeirah Living, the 130 fully equipped serviced Suites range from studios to 1, 2, 3 bedroom Suites, 4 London Suites and 4 super luxury Penthouses; of which one being the 5-bedroom Grosvenor Penthouse, offering truly personalised touches for effortless living. Whether for short, mid-term or extended stays, Grosvenor House Suites feature cutting-edge technology, sumptuous finishes and contemporary design to provide guests and residents with the exceptional, world-class luxury service for which Jumeirah is renowned, in a home away from home.
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
About the role
We are currently recruiting for a Reception Manager to join the Front Office Team, offering a highly specialised personalised service to our residents and guests.
You will be responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient operation and coordination of the Reception team, ensuring optimum profitability and guest satisfaction, and adhering to the standards of service required in accordance with the company and apartment policies, procedures and objectives.
Some of the main duties will be to ensure that:
- To ensure through effective supervision that all services offered in the Reception are always available, and are carried out with the utmost efficiency and courtesy as per the guidelines established and documented in the Rooms Operations Manual.
- To ensure the team are fully aware of the operating standards, mystery shop criteria and Emotional Audit criteria. Making sure that spot checks and audits are in place to ensure the targets are met
- To effectively handle and resolve any guest problems or complaints and keep Senior Hotel Management informed
- The Departments’ stationary orders are submitted in timely manner and all required stationary is supplied at all times
- Overseeing the Upselling program, submit monthly results and propose monthly targets
- All policies regarding authorisation or credit cards, taking payments and cash handling are trained and followed
- To ensure that effective training programmes are planned for department colleagues, according to mandatory training requirements and individual development plan in conjunction with the Learning & Development Manager and Departmental Trainer
- To ensure productivity and morale is maximised within the department and that GHS guidelines and local legislation is adhered to
To be successful you will need to have experience in an Assistant Reception Manager or Reception Manager role, within 4 or 5* hotel and be competent in the use of the Opera system.
Flexibility is a must as you will be required to cover shifts over the weekend or during the night when needed.
Personality is the key to these roles, as is a genuine passion for world class personalised service. We want people who are confident, have excellent command of the English language - written, reading and spoken; are able to multi task, undertake duties outside of the normal job description, are easy to be around and can really contribute to shaping this new era of Jumeirah living.
If this sounds like you and you are passionate about providing thoughtful and generous service to guests, are ambitious, hardworking and take a genuine interest in people, we would like to hear from you.
About the benefits
Jumeirah believes in paying the best for the best and so an attractive salary plus benefits is offered for the positions. This is a fabulous opportunity to join a luxury hospitality operator with ambitious future expansion plans.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Management, Front Office reception
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
The company was founded in 1997 and currently operates 20 hotels in 7 countries. Jumeirah’s promise of STAY DIFFERENT™ delivers imaginative and exhilarating experiences in culturally connected environments offering a thoughtful and generous service.
In line with this promise, the individuality of the Jumeirah portfolio is unmistakable, encompassing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; the world renowned Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s most luxurious hotel and recognised as the symbol of Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London.
Jumeirah Group also manages two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living in London; Talise, our spa brand; Jumeirah Restaurants, our restaurant division; the thrilling Wild Wadi Waterpark; and the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
Whenever you stay with us or use any of our services, our aim is for you to come away with a sense of the Jumeirah spirit - a genuinely caring and personal service. In our own words, to STAY DIFFERENT™.