About Jumeirah Vittaveli
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environment. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
A mere 20-minute boat ride from Malé International Airport brings guests to Jumeirah Vittaveli, nestled in a spot of astounding beauty. The resort comprises 91 villas and suites, each offering exquisite views of the Indian Ocean. With three restaurants, a Talise Spa, and dedicated kids and separate teenagers clubs, the resort is ideal for couples, families or groups, bringing personalised excitement to any holiday.
Informal yet elegant, with the perfect touch to fulfill every need, Jumeirah Vittaveli is a magical island escape that indulges and delights. Whether you dream of romantic togetherness or long to revel in playful leisure, an abundance of unparalleled choice, comfort and pleasure sets the stage for the freedom that Jumeirah Vittaveli unveils.
If you are excited by a challenge, have a can-do attitude and a passion for creating unique and memorable experiences; join us as we build a very special team in a region of outstanding natural beauty, rich heritage and unique culture.
Based in the Maldives, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly talented and motivated Revenue Manager to join our Culinary team.
About the Role
· Accurately prepare/participate in the 18 Month Rolling Forecast
· Proactively manage inventory for the hotel to maximize rooms revenue
· Participate in the preparations of the transient rooms budgets - actively involved in the total rooms budget
· Proactively communicate restrictions and strategy to the hotel through documentation and meetings
· Evaluate monthly transient segmentation production for the hotel
· Continually analyze transient booking patterns through GDS and recognize trends and their relevance to one another
· Prepare month-end reports and discuss results
· Facilitate discussion on trends, market growth, and selling initiatives
· Communicate business trends to revenue team to analyze the market
· Evaluate Market Share reports from multiple hotels to understand trends and opportunities
· Shop area competitors to evaluate rate pricing, availability,
and package/discount options
· Communicate to appropriate staff when key events or holiday periods in the local area will impact demand
· Prepare sales strategy meeting agenda, supporting documentation for revenue meetings – Include data and recommendations
· Provide data to the hotel for the purpose of analyzing and evaluating specific business segments and specific accounts recognizing trends and patterns
· Effectively use reservation system and demand forecasting systems to determine/implement/control accurate selling strategies
· Contribute to the development of the transient/group portion of the hotel's marketing plan
· Assist in providing recommendations to properties for RTS/Wholesale account strategies based on past production and future expectations
· Effectively lead efforts to coordinate strategies between group sales offices – assist in moving displaced business from one hotel into another
· Maintain accurate reservation system information including DH pages, Internet/GDS sell screens and Hotel Facts for the hotel.
· Regularly check GDS systems for hotel positioning, information accuracy and competitor positioning for the hotel
- University degree in Journalism, Communications, English, Hospitality, Business or related field
- Current or recent experience working in the leisure markets (ideally European)
- Current or recent experience working with tour operators in the Maldiv
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Excellent business and communication skills
- Immaculate personal presentation
- Intermediate level – Microsoft Office applications Desirable
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Revenue Management
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
The company was founded in 1997 and currently operates 20 hotels in 7 countries. Jumeirah’s promise of STAY DIFFERENT™ delivers imaginative and exhilarating experiences in culturally connected environments offering a thoughtful and generous service.
In line with this promise, the individuality of the Jumeirah portfolio is unmistakable, encompassing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; the world renowned Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s most luxurious hotel and recognised as the symbol of Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London.
Jumeirah Group also manages two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living in London; Talise, our spa brand; Jumeirah Restaurants, our restaurant division; the thrilling Wild Wadi Waterpark; and the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
Whenever you stay with us or use any of our services, our aim is for you to come away with a sense of the Jumeirah spirit - a genuinely caring and personal service. In our own words, to STAY DIFFERENT™.