At Jumeirah we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues, in a world class environment. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Jumeirah Guangzhou is a Development of a Serviced Apartment (168 keys) and a Luxury Hotel (128 keys) that enjoys an excellent location in the Centre of the Business Hub of Guangzhou, Pearl River New City. Facilities include a World Class Spa and Pool complex, a Ballroom, Lobby Lounge, Western and Specialty Restaurants, two Gyms and a Lounge for Serviced Apartment tenants
An exciting role has arisen for hard working Revenue Manager to join the Pre-opening and Revenue department at Jumeirah Guangzhou. The main purpose of this role is to manage revenue management efforts at the Hotel level and oversee the implementation of effective inventory, pricing and product enhancement plans based on demand forecasts, future trends and historical data, in order to contribute to revenue and profit maximization.
- Contribute to the design and direct the implementation of the Hotel’s Revenue Management strategy, in line with the corporate revenue management strategy, in order to steer efforts towards the maximization of profitability.
- Oversee the assessment and evaluation of the Hotel’s competition and guest preferences as well as economic variables affecting supply and demand or price elasticity in order to develop accurate operational and financial forecasts.
- Direct the management of the Hotel’s product and services offerings (rooms, spa, catering, packages etc.) and ensure that product offers and rates are continuously adjusted to demand in order to maximize RevPAR and profitability throughout the year.
- Direct the application of appropriate inventory management and pricing strategies to ensure that seasonal and day-of-week demand peaks are smoothed and that the property is able to continuously grow its Revenue per Available Room (RevPAR).
- Oversee the monitoring and reporting of the Hotel’s key revenue performance metrics (occupancy levels, RevPAR, etc.), in order provide visibility on its financial performance and to formulate corrective action when required.
- Direct the Hotel’s evaluation of opportunities for contracted business (group, wholesale, corporate negotiated, etc.), in collaboration with the Sales & Marketing department, in order to ensure that all opportunities are scrutinized for strategic intent and expected profitability.
- Manage the effective achievement of objectives through setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing colleagues and providing formal and informal feedback in order to maximize overall performance and team motivation while continuing to deploy resources effectively for growth and further strengthening the colleague value proposition.
- Recommend improvements to departmental policy and manage the implementation of procedures and controls covering all areas of activity so that all relevant procedural requirements are fulfilled while ensuring that Jumeirah Group delivers world class services, excellence, and innovation.
- Have at least 4 years in a position of direct responsibility for Revenue Management within a hotel/resort
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent diploma in Hotel Administration or Business Administration
- Demonstrates highly developed Revenue Management skill set
- Strong understanding of hotel distribution
- Capable of developing, articulating and implementing business strategies and initiatives
- Possesses strong problem-solving, reasoning, and analytical abilities
- Highly capable in basic mathematics, including the calculation of common statistics, ratios and percentages, and a working knowledge of simple algebra
- Has excellent written and verbal English skills
- Confident with the use of computers
About the Benefits
- Job type
- Guangzhou, China
- Revenue Management
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration
The company was founded in 1997 and currently operates 20 hotels in 7 countries. Jumeirah’s promise of STAY DIFFERENT™ delivers imaginative and exhilarating experiences in culturally connected environments offering a thoughtful and generous service.
In line with this promise, the individuality of the Jumeirah portfolio is unmistakable, encompassing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; the world renowned Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s most luxurious hotel and recognised as the symbol of Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London.
Jumeirah Group also manages two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living in London; Talise, our spa brand; Jumeirah Restaurants, our restaurant division; the thrilling Wild Wadi Waterpark; and the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
Whenever you stay with us or use any of our services, our aim is for you to come away with a sense of the Jumeirah spirit - a genuinely caring and personal service. In our own words, to STAY DIFFERENT™.