At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
An opportunity has arisen for a Sales Agent to join Jumeirah's Pre-Opening Hotel. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Attends to all enquiries, complaints and requests regarding reservations.
- Answers the telephone politely and promptly within 3 rings.
- Ensures all reservations and guest enquiries requests by Internet, fax, telephone and letters are replied to within 24 hours of receipt.
- Handling group inquires.
- Check reports (24 HRS – 72 HRS – 7 Days).
- Handling No Show and Cancelation reports.
- Handling OTA bookings (Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, etc.).
- Handling rooms payment (Bank Transfers, Credit cards Third party, Neo payment).
- Selling, cross-selling and up-selling hotel rooms, suites, villas and residencies to individuals, direct.
- Preparing Pro-forma invoices for Bookers, companies and travel agencies
- Processing the visas for the guests.
- Always focus on maximizing sales, as well as assisting guests internal/external and future Customers by offering the highest level of customer service.
- Working with the Sales and Events team to maximize corporate and group rates.
- Assists in writing VIP welcome cards where applicable.
- Prepare for group check in.
- Update all information known about guests in the profile and reservation prior to arrival or during the stay following the Jumeirah Data Quality Standards
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- A minimum of one year Sales Agent experience in Reservations or Front Office.
- Minimum completed secondary school education and basic knowledge of mathematics (including Percentage calculations)
- Previous Hotel Experience (through studies or work experience) in a hotel
- Computer Knowledge, i.e. basic experience with windows, internet explorer, excel and word
- Must have university, Hotel/Hospitality school graduate or at least high school graduate with previous experience at Concierge or Guest Relations
- Knowledge of Front Office Applications in Fidelio/Opera
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Additional language is an added value
- This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes: shared accommodation, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, flight allowance every 2 years, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
The company was founded in 1997 and currently operates 20 hotels in 7 countries. Jumeirah’s promise of STAY DIFFERENT™ delivers imaginative and exhilarating experiences in culturally connected environments offering a thoughtful and generous service.
In line with this promise, the individuality of the Jumeirah portfolio is unmistakable, encompassing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; the world renowned Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s most luxurious hotel and recognised as the symbol of Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London.
Jumeirah Group also manages two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living in London; Talise, our spa brand; Jumeirah Restaurants, our restaurant division; the thrilling Wild Wadi Waterpark; and the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
Whenever you stay with us or use any of our services, our aim is for you to come away with a sense of the Jumeirah spirit - a genuinely caring and personal service. In our own words, to STAY DIFFERENT™.