About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
Jumeirah Zabeel Saray is a luxurious beachside resort located on the west crescent of the iconic Palm Jumeirah in Dubai. The interior of the resort is inspired by the ancient palaces of Turkey and features hand-painted finishings, Turkish artworks and stunning murals inspired by the Golden Age of the Ottoman Empire. The resort offers 405 rooms and suites, 38 Royal Residences and the award-winning Talise Ottoman Spa, one of the largest and most luxurious spas in the Middle East. The resort offers Sinbad’s Kids Club complete with splash park, nightlife destination MusicHall and a collection of eight diverse restaurants which offer a vibrant selection of culinary experiences. The resort also offers motorised and non-motorised water sports, complete with private jetty offering shuttle boat transfers to and from the main-land of Dubai.
About the Job:
An opportunity has a risen for a Sales Agent to join our Rooms Reservations team in Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
• Have full and up to date knowledge of the hotel products and services.
• Ensure all telephone calls are handled politely and efficiently, ascertaining and accurately meeting the caller’s needs using a client orientated approach.
• Check arrival reports: 48 hours prior to arrival and 5 days prior to arrival
• Handle all reservations through different channels (via email/ fax/telephone/ website) efficiently. Prepare Pro Forma invoices as requested by accounts.
• Actively participate in maximising revenue through up-selling.
• Follow up on non-guaranteed and waitlisted bookings
• Handle no-shows and cancellations efficiently
• Maximize selling opportunities by adding customer value at every opportunity.
• Handle complaints promptly and professionally, demonstrating genuine care and concern under the supervision of the Manager on Shift.
• Liaise with the Management and team in order to ensure the smooth operation of Revenue processes and functions within the individual unit covered.
• Prepare, update and file all correspondence relating to room sales
• Be actively motivated in cluster sales projects, including FAM trips and client evenings/lunches.
• Assisting on guest visa inquiries
• Handling Group Reservations by communicating with the Events/Sales Department
• 4 PM Release/Trace/Waitlist
• Arrival Checks
• Special Events (CIS, NYE, ...)
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
• Previous Experience in form of cross trainings or internships in reservations, revenue or sales department
• Good knowledge of Opera PMS
• 2nd language (Arabic, Russian, ...) but not mandatory
• Experience in reservations, sales or revenue
• Intermediate computer skills (Microsoft Office)
• Handle shift responsibilities in the absences of the reservations coordinator, Assist newly joined colleagues on the job duties of a Room Reservations Sales Agent
About the benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes: fully furnished shared accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, flight allowance every 2 years, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Reservations, Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
The company was founded in 1997 and currently operates 20 hotels in 7 countries. Jumeirah’s promise of STAY DIFFERENT™ delivers imaginative and exhilarating experiences in culturally connected environments offering a thoughtful and generous service.
In line with this promise, the individuality of the Jumeirah portfolio is unmistakable, encompassing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; the world renowned Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s most luxurious hotel and recognised as the symbol of Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London.
Jumeirah Group also manages two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living in London; Talise, our spa brand; Jumeirah Restaurants, our restaurant division; the thrilling Wild Wadi Waterpark; and the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
Whenever you stay with us or use any of our services, our aim is for you to come away with a sense of the Jumeirah spirit - a genuinely caring and personal service. In our own words, to STAY DIFFERENT™.