At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
A landmark property for the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, Jumeirah at Saadiyat Island Resort opened in November of 2018, the resort offers 296 rooms, suites and duplex villas facing the sea, showcasing views from either a private balcony or garden access room, with an extended patio and outdoor space. This luxury beach front resort embodies the beauty of the ocean - the stylish contemporary architecture is decorated with marine themed touches that bring the outside world to life. Home to eight dining venues, Jumeirah at Saadiyat Island Resort has plenty of dining options including an all-day dining venue, two signature restaurants, a lobby lounge and bar, a pool and beach bar and a sports lounge. Guests are welcome to explore the 400 meter public beach and three swimming pools.
An opportunity has arisen for a Sales Executive - Groups & Events to join in Sales Department in Jumeirah at Saadiyat Island Resort.
The main duties and responsibilities of this role are:
- Make recommendations on necessary sales plans or strategy revision to increase production from own accounts / industry segment(s)
- Act as the single point of contact within Jumeirah at Saadiyat Island Resort for each assigned account / lead
- Ability to produce groups/events proposals/contracts for assigned accounts/leads and geographic region(s)
- Liaise closely with all relevant departments to manage groups/events once contracts have been signed and first deposit accepted
- Obtain current accurate knowledge of the organizational structure, both formal and informal, of own accounts, business and update frequently
- Keep close follow up on developments of the competitor hotels (occupancy, structural alterations, renovation, special campaigns, rate promotions, marketing efforts, event package prices, theme events etc.) Also explore and compare Group traffic (who is accommodating guests in which hotel) amongst the competitors.
- Communicate effectively to GSOs on all issues relevant to own accounts in order to maximize market penetration / exposure
- Be fully up to date with actual / forecast / budgeted volumes, revenues and occupancies of the SBU
- Maintain comprehensive awareness of all SBU needs (including offers, promotions, USPs, IVTs), MICE market trends, account market share and customer needs
- Explore industry related data, city wide events / conventions, new developments in certain agencies’ structures, new assignments which all could be of interest and benefit to the hotel and to distribute this information to your colleagues
- Take full ownership of own performance. Initiate, implement and update ADPs for assigned customers in line with the departmental guidelines
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Internationally recognised College-educated (essential)
- Business related degree from internationally recognised institution (desirable)
- At least two years experience in a Sales Executive role (essential) in a 5* luxury hotel (desirable)
- Commercially (targets and results) focused (essential)
- Organized and disciplined, dedicated and loyal (essential)
- Excellent time management skills (essential)
- Friendly, pleasant and easy to be around (essential)
- Assertive and have confidence without arrogance (essential)
- Interpersonal skills (essential)
- Segment knowledge and sales skills including principled negotiation in contracting and service level agreements (essential)
- Work under pressure to meet deadlines (essential)
- Experience with Data analysis and interpretation (desirable)
- Knowledge and experience in Delphi. Fdc & Opera will be an advantage
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, accommodation, life insurance, functional incentives and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.
JUMEIRAH™ Hotels & Resorts are regarded as among the most luxurious and innovative in the world and have won numerous international travel and tourism awards.
The company was founded in 1997 and currently operates 20 hotels in 7 countries. Jumeirah’s promise of STAY DIFFERENT™ delivers imaginative and exhilarating experiences in culturally connected environments offering a thoughtful and generous service.
In line with this promise, the individuality of the Jumeirah portfolio is unmistakable, encompassing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; the world renowned Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s most luxurious hotel and recognised as the symbol of Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London.
Jumeirah Group also manages two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living in London; Talise, our spa brand; Jumeirah Restaurants, our restaurant division; the thrilling Wild Wadi Waterpark; and the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
Whenever you stay with us or use any of our services, our aim is for you to come away with a sense of the Jumeirah spirit - a genuinely caring and personal service. In our own words, to STAY DIFFERENT™.
Other suggested jobs
Meet our team
- Finance Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Analyst - Jumeirah GroupDubai, United Arab Emirates
- Spa Therapist - Spa Operation - Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & SpaPort de Sóller, Spain
- Duty Manager - Guest Services - Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & SpaPort de Sóller, Spain
- Sushi Chef de Cuisine – Kayto by Ain Dubai – Jumeirah Hotels & ResortsDubai, United Arab Emirates
- Outlet Manager - Kayto by Ain Dubai - Jumeirah Hotels & ResortsDubai, United Arab Emirates