About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
Jumeirah Zabeel Saray is a luxurious beachside resort located on the west crescent of the iconic Palm Jumeirah in Dubai. The interior of the resort is inspired by the ancient palaces of Turkey and features hand-painted finishings, Turkish artworks and stunning murals inspired by the Golden Age of the Ottoman Empire. The resort offers 405 rooms and suites, 38 Royal Residences and the award-winning Talise Ottoman Spa, one of the largest and most luxurious spas in the Middle East. The resort offers Sinbad’s Kids Club complete with splash park, nightlife destination MusicHall and a collection of eight diverse restaurants which offer a vibrant selection of culinary experiences. The resort also offers motorised and non-motorised water sports, complete with private jetty offering shuttle boat transfers to and from the main-land of Dubai.
About the job:
- An opportunity has a risen for a colleague to join Culinary team in Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, for a Sous Chef position. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:Supervise all colleagues engaged in the kitchen together with the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef.
- Attend daily meetings with Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef and all other Senior Chefs regarding the updates for the day and review the list of things to do for maximum 2 days thereafter.
- Holds meeting with the colleagues in each particular kitchen to discuss what has been carried out in the Chef’s meeting and some other issues.
- Establish Culinary Standards for the specialty of each kitchen which includes banqueting that caters to a
- number of guests.
- Plan menus and compile recipes for food tasting to be approved by Executive Chef and or Executive Sous Chef.
- Inspect twice daily all food stores and refrigerated areas and suggest, where necessary, correct storage methods to comply with Health and Safety regulations as discussed further in this book.
- Check any spoilage and ensure regular turnover of food items and inform the Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef.
- Check on a daily basis food preparation, individual costs, quality, quantity inventories and portion control.
- During service periods, to personally run the hot plate and assist when needed and to ensure that the presentation as well as quality of the food is in accordance with the established standards.
- Conducts training and thorough briefing on the correct usage of kitchen equipment and machinery and to check that this is carried out in the correct manner by all kitchen colleagues.
- Ensure the personal hygiene of colleague is up to the standard.
- Ensure that the daily logbook is utilized and complaints are immediately reported to the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef.
- Ensures that all points mentioned in the log book has been carried out. ie. mis en place and other instructions to complete the operation.
- Maintain, record and follow up documentation, checklists for control purposes.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management
- Monitoring of extra hours.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Completed kitchen apprentice or chefs training courses for at least one year
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- Recipe Software
- Computer knowledge, Word, Excel
- Health and Safety Certificate
About the benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes: fully furnished shared accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, flight allowance every 2 years, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract
The company was founded in 1997 and currently operates 20 hotels in 7 countries. Jumeirah’s promise of STAY DIFFERENT™ delivers imaginative and exhilarating experiences in culturally connected environments offering a thoughtful and generous service.
In line with this promise, the individuality of the Jumeirah portfolio is unmistakable, encompassing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; the world renowned Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s most luxurious hotel and recognised as the symbol of Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London.
Jumeirah Group also manages two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living in London; Talise, our spa brand; Jumeirah Restaurants, our restaurant division; the thrilling Wild Wadi Waterpark; and the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
Whenever you stay with us or use any of our services, our aim is for you to come away with a sense of the Jumeirah spirit - a genuinely caring and personal service. In our own words, to STAY DIFFERENT™.