About Jumeirah & The Hotel :
The Madinat Jumeirah is a magnificent tribute to Dubai's heritage and is styled to resemble an ancient Arabian citadel. With two grand boutique hotels, courtyard summer houses, a traditional souk, Talise Spa, the region's leading conference and banqueting centre, unlimited recreational facilities and the superlative Quay Health club this combines to make the Madinat Jumeirah the most fascinating Resort in the world.
About the Role:
An exciting role has arisen in the Spa department for a highly motivated and hardworking individual. The main purpose of this position is to perform body treatments such as massage, scrubs and wraps. To operate and work in accordance with standards prescribed in the Spa Manual
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and nametag and follow good hygiene habits at all times
- Perform professional services according to standards with attention to detail and in a prompt timely manner.
- Advise guests of spa service programs, treatments and products available at the spa.
- Assist in promoting spa & body care products to guests and offer full product knowledge.
- To request, collect stock and supplies in accordance with minimum stock levels.
- Ensure all treatment rooms are fully set up before beginning a treatment according to standards and procedures.
- Communicate through appropriate guest cards any guest related matters, products or equipment needs, technical service requests, etc.
- Assist in keeping accurate written records of treatments and products used in view of repeat guests.
- Participate in on-going training, with assistance from your designated trainer and continue to study your skill.
- To replenish all necessary items in male/female spa promptly
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area consistent with the high standards of the facility
- Review appointments after completing each service and shift
- Assist in the co-ordination of spa treatments with other spa programs.
- Serve as catalyst to promote spa services to Members and hotel Guests.
- Maintain current professional licenses.
- Report dysfunctional equipment to Assistant Manager in charge of Spa treatments
- Work with the Lead Therapist in the formulation of plans for projects.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- High school graduate
- Completed state required therapy anatomy and physiology course or internationally recognized therapy qualification
- Ability to communicate fluently in the primary language of the workplace both verbally and nonverbally
- Minimum of two years experience in performing therapy services.
- Certified Registered Massage Therapy Training Minimum 200 hours
- 2 years service experience in a 5 star spa
- Good English language skills
- Internationally qualified therapist
About the benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes: fully furnished shared accommodation, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, bi-annual flight allowance, medical and dental coverage, as well as accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Spa & Wellness, Other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
The company was founded in 1997 and currently operates 20 hotels in 7 countries. Jumeirah’s promise of STAY DIFFERENT™ delivers imaginative and exhilarating experiences in culturally connected environments offering a thoughtful and generous service.
In line with this promise, the individuality of the Jumeirah portfolio is unmistakable, encompassing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; the world renowned Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s most luxurious hotel and recognised as the symbol of Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London.
Jumeirah Group also manages two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living in London; Talise, our spa brand; Jumeirah Restaurants, our restaurant division; the thrilling Wild Wadi Waterpark; and the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
Whenever you stay with us or use any of our services, our aim is for you to come away with a sense of the Jumeirah spirit - a genuinely caring and personal service. In our own words, to STAY DIFFERENT™.