At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
An opportunity has arisen for a Technician (AC & Refrigeration) to join Engineering department in Jumeirah Pre-opening hotel. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- To carry out repairs, maintenance and installation to all related plant and equipment.
- To complete work orders, PPMs, CWAs as directed.
- To select correct materials from engineering stores.
- To organize work in a skilled and professional manner.
- To advise supervisor colleagues promptly of any problems or failures.
- To ensure safe working conditions for yourself and your colleagues and report to senior colleagues any unsafe working conditions.
- To ensure that work areas are left in a safe and tidy condition.
- Read and understand basic drawings
- To use mechanical/electrical test equipment and instruments.
- Work on own initiative without full detailed supervision or direction.
- Request support and direction as needed.
- Be familiar with and comply with all relevant Engineering department policies, processes and procedures.
- To perform other duties that management may from time to time reasonably require.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- At least 2 year experience as AC & Refrigeration Technician in a 5 star hotel or 5 years in general engineering services.
- Knowledge in computer base planed preventive maintenance, FLS and high-rise building system.
- General knowledge in Mechanical, Plumbing and other trades
- At least with vocational certificate in engineering related trade
- Good English communication skills
This position offers a competitive salary and package which includes; fully furnished shared accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, flight allowance every 2 years, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B outlets and reduced hotel rates.
- Job type
- Al Quoz, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Engineering & Maintenance
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
The company was founded in 1997 and currently operates 20 hotels in 7 countries. Jumeirah’s promise of STAY DIFFERENT™ delivers imaginative and exhilarating experiences in culturally connected environments offering a thoughtful and generous service.
In line with this promise, the individuality of the Jumeirah portfolio is unmistakable, encompassing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; the world renowned Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s most luxurious hotel and recognised as the symbol of Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London.
Jumeirah Group also manages two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living in London; Talise, our spa brand; Jumeirah Restaurants, our restaurant division; the thrilling Wild Wadi Waterpark; and the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
Whenever you stay with us or use any of our services, our aim is for you to come away with a sense of the Jumeirah spirit - a genuinely caring and personal service. In our own words, to STAY DIFFERENT™.