About Jumeirah and Madinat Jumeirah Resort
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
Madinat Jumeirah – The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai’s heritage. The resort comprises of three grand boutique hotels: Jumeirah Mina A’Salam, Jumeirah Al Qasr, Jumeirah Al Naseem and a collection of 29 traditional summer houses known as Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf. In addition, there’s seven exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 50 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, a leading conference and banqueting centre, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa and the Talise Fitness health club.
About the Role
An opportunity has arisen for a Technician to join our Engineering team in Madinat Jumeirah Resort. The main duties and responsibilities of this role
Your main duties will include the following:
- To carry out the scheduled Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) of equipments where he works
- To carry out scheduled water cleaning
- Maintain pool chlorine content, pH, temperature, purity etc. at the proper level
- Safely use chemical and cleaning agents used in swimming pool maintenance and custodial work
- Maintain log of water tests and pool operation
- Servicing heating, circulation and de-humidifier systems
- Fixing lights above and below water level
- Checking and repairing corrosion, cracks and leaks in the pool walls or floors
- Logging and reporting readings, water quality problems, equipment faults etc.
- Operate and adjust pool equipment on the basis of water tests and the use of the pool
- To order and replace the correct spares of equipments.
- To complete the daily breakdown work orders.
- To welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, and anticipate and address guests’ service needs.
- To ensure working conditions and report any unsafe condition for the seniors.
- To organize work in a standard and professional manner.
- To maintain the work area safe and tidy conditions.
- Be familiar of Jumeirah Policy and Procedures.
- Be familiar with and comply with all relevant Engineering Department policies, processes and procedures.
- To perform other duties that management may from time to time reasonably require
About the benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; fully furnished shared accommodation, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, bi-annual flight allowance, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Knowledge of engineering drawing and maintenance manuals.
- Trade certificate of Electrical & High School Diploma
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Knowledge and identification of equipments, spares, control circuits and good all round skills with high standard.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Engineering & Maintenance
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
The company was founded in 1997 and currently operates 20 hotels in 7 countries. Jumeirah’s promise of STAY DIFFERENT™ delivers imaginative and exhilarating experiences in culturally connected environments offering a thoughtful and generous service.
In line with this promise, the individuality of the Jumeirah portfolio is unmistakable, encompassing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; the world renowned Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s most luxurious hotel and recognised as the symbol of Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London.
Jumeirah Group also manages two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living in London; Talise, our spa brand; Jumeirah Restaurants, our restaurant division; the thrilling Wild Wadi Waterpark; and the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
Whenever you stay with us or use any of our services, our aim is for you to come away with a sense of the Jumeirah spirit - a genuinely caring and personal service. In our own words, to STAY DIFFERENT™.