At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
Our Group & Corporate and Dubai Shared Services teams are an integral part in delivering the Jumeirah Brand promise. Based in our modern headquarters in Dubai Design District or in one of our other key locations, we guarantee you will be part of a dynamic, committed team of industry professionals with a passion for delivering the Company strategy and efficiencies essential for our world class operation.
About the Role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly talented and experienced professional to join Jumeirah Group & Corporate. You will be responsible for the Finance Shared Services as well as Finance Systems working directly with both the Chief Financial Officer and Head of IT.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Driving and ultimately leading the strategic agenda for a standalone Global Business Services / Shared services model across Jumeirah.
- Creating a scalable model for Shared Services within Jumeirah
- Being responsible for the company’s timely accounting close
- Manage the budgeting and forecasting process for Dubai Shared Services and Commercial Cluster.
- Finance SME and lead on data, information and analytics
- Providing financial transparency to help improve organisational effectiveness and decision making.
- Continued development of financial models, tools, and analysis to support successful execution of strategic initiatives.
- Process improvements and re-engineering, standardisation and leveraging of best practices.
- Ownership of all finance systems across the organisation, with a focus on delivering integrated technology and automation.
- Being the change agent; influencing policy and change by providing insights on business impact. Help drive decisions and compliance through active business partnering across all functions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent from an accredited and renowned University.
- Professional Qualification - CPA, ACCA or equivalent.
- 10 years’ experience in finance, preferably within an international multi-national company or in a recognized blue-chip organization.
- Project and programme management within a consulting environment or business environment.
- Design and implementation of target operating models
- Change management within a large organisation finance or systems
- Process improvement in a business environment
- In-depth knowledge of best practice finance and procurement processes
- Knowledge of global business service strategy including shared services and BPO
- Knowledge of finance systems and system architecture from business perspective
- Strong budgeting, financial planning and financial modelling skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration
The company was founded in 1997 and currently operates 20 hotels in 7 countries. Jumeirah’s promise of STAY DIFFERENT™ delivers imaginative and exhilarating experiences in culturally connected environments offering a thoughtful and generous service.
In line with this promise, the individuality of the Jumeirah portfolio is unmistakable, encompassing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; the world renowned Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s most luxurious hotel and recognised as the symbol of Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London.
Jumeirah Group also manages two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living in London; Talise, our spa brand; Jumeirah Restaurants, our restaurant division; the thrilling Wild Wadi Waterpark; and the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
Whenever you stay with us or use any of our services, our aim is for you to come away with a sense of the Jumeirah spirit - a genuinely caring and personal service. In our own words, to STAY DIFFERENT™.